Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2018, 07:08 PM
TT Regular

Boat: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee50thAnniversary View Post
One good think about electric is batteries are heavy and could be placed low in the hull and in the rear for ďballastĒ
For sure. It would also run super quiet, which could be a huge selling point. Solves all those speaker volume issues people were talking about further up :-).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2018, 07:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-14 MCX w/Powerslot
I think closed cooling is available on a lot of models. That would solve the engine winterization issue. Ballasts could be done with the same hookup my jetski has, that fits to a hose or gallon jug. They'd just need some fittings and shutoff valves... Maybe overly simplistic but doesn't seem that technical. You could do showers the same way.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
1. Air Conditioning
2. Built in ropes for docking/ that retract
3. Docking buoys built specifically for each model front and back and exact space for storage that is convenient and doesn't require everyone to get up each time you need to dock.
Your last two already sound like something MC would have, surprised they donít. Excellent ideas.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 X10
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
While I agree with you, Iím talking about the industry as a whole. I donít think there will be any huge advancements in the next 10 years from where we are now aside from maybe semi autonomous operation.
Nah...I disagree. Ten years ago we didn't have dockstar, thrusters, touch screens, LEDs everywhere, biminis that didn't suck, Gen 2, stereo zones, built in cooler spots, reversible seats, rear folding seats, PVC flooring, SeaDeck, direct injection, or automatic fire extinguishers. There is already a list of good ideas in this thread and I expect we're going to go a few more days before it slows down. There's always room for improvement!

Personally, I'd like to see:
1. Captain seats with height adjustment as standard (not just the bolsters)
2. Heaters that work without having to replace with heatercraft
3. Five-year impellers
4. Simplified winterization
5. Built-in trickle chargers (is this an option? Comes standard on Pavati $$)
6. Some sort of ram-fill ballast option (because gravity works)
7. Power biminis because we never agree on up/down (pontoons have em now)
8. Built in bow lights to help me see sticks on the river at night without having to hold a spot light (huge ask to MC)
9. A night mode that turns off all dash lights for optimal visibility except speed, engine temp, and depth. This includes the gauges, knobs, and touch screen.
10. Bluetooth TPMS and hub temp on the trailer tires with a cell phone app for monitoring.
11. Twin turbos or gas/electric option for better overall fuel economy between surf and cruise.
12. Mini-fridge that fits the cooler hole so that I don't need ice each time (er maybe it has an ice maker and water filter?)
13. A built-in dehumidifier under the floor and seats with some kind of a fan to help dry out the boat when you bring it home and put it in the garage.
14. Internet enabled boat management system with an app that could report to your cell phone with maintenance requirements, engine hours, new firmware updates, battery levels, and where to buy that new Cordova cooler.
15. Cell phone DLNA mirroring on the touch screen
16. ...and my largest peeve....I want a center step on that rear, convertible seat so that folks are not forced to step on the vinyl to get in and out. Puhleeeeese.

The competition has already figured a few of these out. Hopefully MC reads this highly valuable thread on customer feedback! I wish we could vote on these for MC to see the ones with the higher demand.

Last edited by FoggyNogginz; 05-14-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lda6339 View Post
This exists already does it not? On the Ballast/Trim screen you can adjust it either 5% or 10% at time iirc

True but I prefer using the buttons while Iím driving. Once the level is at 0% or 100% the buttons will override for 30 seconds at a time, but not anywhere in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2018, 09:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
How about a boat that tows itself to the lake, launches itself, has a great time on the water all while streaming you videos to your, smart phone, tablet, smart TV, while you sit on the couch eating Cheetos, just to make sure you are having a good time and can send/post pics on InstaPhoto, SnapCrap & FaceGram.

For goodness sake, I have a 2013, and have disconnected as much of the auto crap as possible...

The only real tech I really like is GPS cruise, other than that, I prefer to tune my own stereo, drive & dock my boat, fill my ballast until it overflows etc. etc. etc. I have to agree with some of the MC folks of the era -You run your pump till it burns up, shame on you, run aground, over crank the stereo, brake the whatever latch, shame on you. Can't fix stupid! I have all the tech I need
Old 05-14-2018, 09:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 X10
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsCraft View Post
How about a boat that tows itself to the lake, launches itself, has a great time on the water all while streaming you videos to your, smart phone, tablet, smart TV, while you sit on the couch eating Cheetos, just to make sure you are having a good time and can send/post pics on InstaPhoto, SnapCrap & FaceGram.

For goodness sake, I have a 2013, and have disconnected as much of the auto crap as possible...

The only real tech I really like is GPS cruise, other than that, I prefer to tune my own stereo, drive & dock my boat, fill my ballast until it overflows etc. etc. etc. I have to agree with some of the MC folks of the era -You run your pump till it burns up, shame on you, run aground, over crank the stereo, brake the whatever latch, shame on you. Can't fix stupid! I have all the tech I need
This is why I stick with the small screen only on the newer boats. I prefer mechanical switches if I they are an option. I don't think any of these touchscreens will be serviceable five-years after the warranty expires.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
Can they make a wave that will barrel you? I'd write a check for that
Old 05-15-2018, 08:11 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhaddad View Post
Maybe a Seakeeper for when everyone has new xstars in a couple years
Actually a Seakeeper would be a great way for these boat companys keep these boat level, especially when wakeboarding. Due to the hull on my X23, the wakeboard wake can be affected by weight distribution and we have to move people around.

Since we cant use tabs to level the boat because that will affect the wake, the seakeeper would keep the boat level.

MC should look into this.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
I just want all the new tech to work perfectly before they come up with new tech that doesn't work perfectly.