Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2016, 02:55 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 205, 1994
Wrong Trailer?

I am new to Mastercraft with the recent purchase of a 1994 Prostar 205 that came with a single axle MC trailer. However, I am pretty sure the trailer is not the right match for the boat, and am wondering what trailer should accompany this boat. The trailer I have is a B9 that has center rubber rollers. I suspect it is not the right trailer because if I pull the boat all the way up to the boat buddy one of the three fins on the underside of the boat will be smashed into the rubber roller (and will slice it to shreds) while only the very back of the boat will be resting on the bunks. The vast majority of the boat will be two inches off the bunks. Currently I leave the boat about 4 inches short of the Boat Buddy and the entire underside will be resting on the bunks. Does anyone know: 1) what boat this trailer was made to fit and 2) what trailer should be used for a 1994 Prostar 205?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
I am new to Mastercraft with the recent purchase of a 1994 Prostar 205 that came with a single axle MC trailer. However, I am pretty sure the trailer is not the right match for the boat, and am wondering what trailer should accompany this boat. The trailer I have is a B9 that has center rubber rollers. I suspect it is not the right trailer because if I pull the boat all the way up to the boat buddy one of the three fins on the underside of the boat will be smashed into the rubber roller (and will slice it to shreds) while only the very back of the boat will be resting on the bunks. The vast majority of the boat will be two inches off the bunks. Currently I leave the boat about 4 inches short of the Boat Buddy and the entire underside will be resting on the bunks. Does anyone know: 1) what boat this trailer was made to fit and 2) what trailer should be used for a 1994 Prostar 205?
does sound good but pictures would help ... can you load up some pictures?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:32 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2008 X14, w/ LY6 400HP
Any boat can have an aftermarket trailer and work, lord knows I have dealt with it. But it sounds like maybe something you can work with, but as 2RLAKE says, post up some pics.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-05-2016, 03:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 PROSTAR 205
I have a 94 with a factory MC trailer. I have 2 bunks and 1 roller at the front of the trailer with a boat buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2016, 04:45 PM
TT Regular

Trailer pictures

The pictures show the front boat ring about 4" back from the boat buddy, but the underside shows the front metal fin about an inch away from the lower crossmember and rubber roller. If I pull it forward any more, the fin will hit the rail and the roller.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2016, 07:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Center bunks are not in contact with the hull, looks like the trailer is made for a hull with a deeper V. Looks identical to my my 95 Maristar 200 trailer.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:53 PM
MC Addict

That is really odd because it looks like a MasterCraft Trailer. What does the plaque say on the side by the jack? Can you send a picture of that?

Also, I cant tell, but how about just removing the roller, and raising the bunks up to better support the boat and clear the crossmember?

It may be a newer trailer made for a different boat and never updated to fit the 205.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-05-2016, 08:43 PM
TT Regular

It is a Mastercraft trailer. Does the "B9" designation match to a certain type of MC boat?
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2016, 08:58 PM
MC Addict

I have no idea as I don't have the specs for serial numbers on trailers and such, but I bet someone does on here...

I'm wondering if the 99-MS-210 means anything, like 99 Maristar 210?? Don't know... Similar length but different hull would explain the bunk problems.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Banned

Boat: 2006 X9
Does anyone else think that trailer looks like it has been in salt water?

Tags
prostar 205, trailer