Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2015, 05:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
nice boat - nice to see another 205 in great service. welcome! and congrats.. mike is dead on.. no stat in there.. didn't see any mention of changing the impeller.. get a rebuild kit with the seal and washer.. nice evening project..
Great idea. Previous owner said it was changed last year so I'll likely add the rebuild kit to my things to do this fall. I also found 4 "spare" impellers sitting in a box of stuff he gave me, so I'm thinking he changed it fairly regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Prop: I also recommend the ACME 541 3-blade. I started with the stock 3 blade and just felt sluggish on the hole shot. So I changed to a 4-blade and gained in hole shot but lost 2 mph. I lived with that for a while until I kept reading about the 541. Bought it last spring, first time out barefooting with 5 full sized guys, I kept or even improved my hole shot and gained my top end back. Yippie!!

Reccomendation: If you any kind of particular to a great consistent pull, and your wife plans to drive sometimes (not sure of her experience level), I recommend the "marriage saver" Perfect Pass. Boy-O-Boy, we struggled when I didn't have it...

Thanks! I also had my eye on a '95 Nautique that already had stargazer. The perfect pass was a huge appeal but ultimately satisfied with my choice. I had my wife onboard finding a boat that was ready to go, clean, and needed nothing but I guess I failed to mention the hundreds of dollars spent to "make it ours." Definitely want to make that upgrade soon but we'll see.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco_06 View Post
Great looking boat, glad to hear it was taken care of! I don't think anyone had chimed in on your water leaking, or lack there of... I wouldn't worry about it, I just picked up a similar boat, 1993 205, and the po was similar to yours. Very particular. He installed some type of Kevlar seals, mine doesn't leak much at all either. We've spent as much as 6hrs on the water without the bilge pump kicking on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
My boat came with gore-tex packing already installed. Very little leakage.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GFO1/4X24

Thanks for the info on this. I assume if the packing wasn't sufficiently lubricated it would simply wear out and then begin to leak? I guess I have no concerns until it starts leaking.

And thanks mrmastercraft for the kind words in your previous post. Having perused this site for a while in the background, I knew you would be a top notch resource here in the twin cities and greatly appreciate the offer to lend a hand if needed. I'll be coming to you first for any tires or trailer parts!
Old 05-18-2015, 11:28 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 Prostar 197
Welcome to the forum! The members on this site have helped me through a problem or two over the past few years regarding my 92 Prostar 205. As for the temp, I experienced several issues with the temp running lower than 180 last year. After installing a couple of hoses, a new thermostat, an impellor, and a raw water pump, I found the culprit: a faulty temp sensor (cost $18 bucks). My 92 does not have any fancy computer controls, but it is important to have the engine operating at the optimal temp, which is most likely greater than 130 degrees.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:19 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
heyyyy i have a 205 also! its '94 with 1800 hours on it. She will provide HOURS of fun!

Old 05-20-2015, 05:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 82 Stars and Stipes
Very nice,i was eyeing up that boat as well.

Then lay-offs were announced at work so i decided to keep the S&S for another season, see how things turn out here.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:47 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 Prostar 197TT
Ski-West, congrats on the boat, my first boat was a 205. Looks like your first pic was at the Fish Lake Landing. if you ever need a second or a third I'm a mile away from Fish Lake in Maple Grove. BTW I'll echo what Mr Mastercraft said about Midwest Mastercraft, top notch when it comes to customer service.

PREVIOUS BOAT:1993 Prostar 205
Old 05-21-2015, 01:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, it's been great seeing more pictures of similar 205s! Better pictures should be coming after this weekend.

starman205, you're right on about the location. Previous owner lived really close to there and that's where we did our test drive. What lake are you mainly on in that area? I live in the south suburbs but hope to explore a lot of different lakes across the cities and will keep you in mind.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:30 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205 Sammy Duvall
Thread revival,

Any threads covering how to pull the throttle arm? My neutral lock currently works but the lock collar below the handle is super loose. Looking for a way to freshen it up and make it crisp again? Could my spring be worn out also??

[email protected]
Old 05-30-2017, 07:36 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmstu76 View Post
Thread revival,

Any threads covering how to pull the throttle arm? My neutral lock currently works but the lock collar below the handle is super loose. Looking for a way to freshen it up and make it crisp again? Could my spring be worn out also??
Not to give you a short answer but... the short of this is that there is a thread here from maybe a year or so ago about this very thing and a rebuild technique. Mid-December of 2015 if I recall correctly. Search on key words....

Last edited by waterlogged882; 05-30-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:18 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205 Sammy Duvall
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogged882 View Post
Not to give you a short answer but... the short of this is that there is a thread here from maybe a year or so ago about this very thing and a rebuild technique. Mid-December of 2015 if I recall correctly. Search on key words....

I appreciate the help watterlogged. I have tried quite a few searches. Actually that's how I stumbled upon this thread and revived/hi jacked it.

key word searches I've tried: throttle arm rebuild, throttle neutral lock, throttle shift collar etc.

what key words would you use to search?

[email protected]

Tags
prostar 205, steering cable