Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 10-19-2018, 12:30 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 X2
Its a complete assembly from PCM, its the same setup on Nautique boats. There is a low pressure fuel pump which sucks fuel and fills a container, and a second high pressure pump which is in the container submerged in fuel and supplies the engine. The high pressure pumps dont prime or suck petrol very well I believe so need to be submerged. With this setup the fuel pressure regulator is located on the fuel rail, this makes it easy for me as the motor I installed already has this. But I dont see why you couldnt add a regulator between the pump and fuel rail.

If you need more info or part numbers on the PCM parts let me know.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Great project. I will be following this.

What the outside of the boat look like.
I honestly dont have any current photos from the outside. But its not in great shape, the gelcoat needs a good polish and im going to redo all the upholstery.

Here are some pics from 6 years ago when I bought it. It had many hours on it, and upholstery was in bad shape already. when the engine failed I didnt have the time to work on it, I trusted it to a workshop that went bust and I lost the original motor because of that. 6 years later its time to get her back to former glory.

Name:  IMG_0605.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  43.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0607.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  55.5 KB