Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 05-25-2018, 09:14 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 197 2003
watch andy at -32, you can probably find him on you tube at slower speed and longer line too. I sent it to slalo junkie too This is what I told him and it applies to you too I think.

I was thinking about your video. Way back when I was where you are I was also struggling -28 & -32 @ 34. I went to on my annual ski school mid season run by a guy who could have been . He was a jr slalom AWSa Champ and could run -39 when that was the record. Anyway he told me I was screaming into 1 so even when I ran them everything happened at super speed. I see the same thing in your skiing. You need a much earlier gate and less load probably. As we've talked I was a Lapoint student, even had a lesson with him. My stlye always focused on his. The advance slalom clinic he ran with Suyderhood is tough to beat as it goes through all the rope length even at slower speed. If you can find it, you ought to buy it. Mine is on VCR That I should have converted to DVD. Regardless here's a suggestion to make the point. Watch this video with a stopwatch take a time from when he starts his preturn till he hooks up after the buoy. Then do the same thing for you. I suspect you will find his is much longer, all caused by being early with not excessive load. It may not seem like much time but do the %. Also pay attention to where he loads relative to the bouy & first wake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvtAYS_j-K0
Old 05-25-2018, 09:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommurtha View Post
I was thinking about your video. Way back when I was where you are I was also struggling -28 & -32 @ 34.
Tom, we are not even on the same planet here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommurtha View Post
I suspect you will find his is much longer, all caused by being early with not excessive load. It may not seem like much time but do the %. Also pay attention to where he loads relative to the bouy & first wake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvtAYS_j-K0
yes I see it completely. thanks
Old 05-25-2018, 09:33 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
A great video for you;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7UTutoCYSs

You don't need all of what is in here - but from 5:00 on pay a bit of mind. Then ski and watch again.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
A great video for you;

You don't need all of what is in here - but from 5:00 on pay a bit of mind. Then ski and watch again.
that guy is a great skier, but his 1 and 3 ball turn sucked. lots of recovery work he's doing to recover from his hand wave and poor turn.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:30 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
A great video for you;

oh wow. jackpot
Old 05-25-2018, 11:45 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
that guy is a great skier, but his 1 and 3 ball turn sucked. lots of recovery work he's doing to recover from his hand wave and poor turn.
Haha everyone's a critic right? - I think some of their concepts though are actually really helpful for skiers at the long lines because thinking a certain way helps avoid mistakes even if you don't execute perfectly.

The concept of standing up slowly for instance, in paintpollz videos you can take that and fix like 4 things, in the first 3 seconds of the video you see him pull out pretty hard, then stand up fast - he has slack by 2-3 seconds, and then he manages that slack by pulling his arms in and up and then letting go with the out side hand. From that point forwards at 3-5 seconds in there is no connection between the handle and the boat, and by the time that he's in position the ski is already at the spray.

So one change for next time he skis, pull out hard and be purposefully slower at standing up leaving both hands on the handle. Don't even go for a gate, do it super early and get wide of one. Then do the course starting at one ball as suggested.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:19 PM
MC Devotee

Last edited by paintpollz; 05-25-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 05-26-2018, 10:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
I'm anxiously awaiting video 2. Let's see that progress.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2018, 12:49 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting video 2. Let's see that progress.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
New video probably next wednesday
Old 05-27-2018, 02:13 PM
MC Devotee

nvm. I'm throwin in the towel for now. Went out today, zero improvement. It's the same $hit every time and I'm done with it for a while. Was hoping to get over this hump before the baby arrives but that won't happen. Maybe get out next year with a coach but I think I'm going to take a break for the rest of this year. Slalom might not be my thing.