Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-16-2018, 11:43 AM
JP-OH's Avatar
JP-OH JP-OH is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Boat: 2012 x-15 5.7
Location: Calgary, AB - Columbia Lake, BC
Posts: 349
ACME's New Website

No affiliation but I've been doing due diligence on a new prop and noticed that VERY recently ACME updated their website with a prop selector. The dial gradients are kind of coarse but it is way way better than the old site and is actually pretty helpful.

https://acmemarine.com/pages/custom-fit
__________________
50.241899, -115.857747
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:20 PM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: UCLA (Upper Canton, Lower Akron)
Posts: 6,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-OH View Post
No affiliation but I've been doing due diligence on a new prop and noticed that VERY recently ACME updated their website with a prop selector. The dial gradients are kind of coarse but it is way way better than the old site and is actually pretty helpful.



https://acmemarine.com/pages/custom-fit


They donít have a ProStar 205 listed for 1994 but for a 190 and standard transmission, is says recommended is a 475.
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:30 AM
JP-OH's Avatar
JP-OH JP-OH is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Boat: 2012 x-15 5.7
Location: Calgary, AB - Columbia Lake, BC
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
They donít have a ProStar 205 listed for 1994 but for a 190 and standard transmission, is says recommended is a 475.
They list a 1995 205. Same recommendation though.
__________________
50.241899, -115.857747
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:10 PM
sten76's Avatar
sten76 sten76 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 2015 X-23, 6.2L
Location: Midwest
Posts: 224
What's odd with the new site is that the props recommended on the site are different than if you call and talk to a real person. If I'm spending that much on a prop, I want to talk to someone who knows these things and applications more than a software program. I would consider myself tech-savvy and an early adopter too.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:29 PM
Yeaitsslo Yeaitsslo is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Boat: 91 prostar
Location: North East
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by sten76 View Post
What's odd with the new site is that the props recommended on the site are different than if you call and talk to a real person. If I'm spending that much on a prop, I want to talk to someone who knows these things and applications more than a software program. I would consider myself tech-savvy and an early adopter too.

Just talked to them last week before ordering my 381 for my prostar. The website says to use a 817 haha.

ACME 817 13.50" x 17.50" cup .150

ACME 381 13.50" x 17.50" cup .105


Not sure how much difference that cup is going to make. But i already have the 381.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:27 PM
JP-OH's Avatar
JP-OH JP-OH is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Boat: 2012 x-15 5.7
Location: Calgary, AB - Columbia Lake, BC
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sten76 View Post
What's odd with the new site is that the props recommended on the site are different than if you call and talk to a real person. If I'm spending that much on a prop, I want to talk to someone who knows these things and applications more than a software program. I would consider myself tech-savvy and an early adopter too.
That is odd, I called them and got the same recommendation as the site a 1285.
__________________
50.241899, -115.857747
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 AM.


2018