Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-17-2017, 11:07 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Sonos phone app

Sonos just did a big upgrade on their phone apps, and the reviews/feedback has been terrible. They changed the look quite a bit (bright white), and the controls tend to disconnect more. I tried calling Sonos if I could go back in the app version, they said no.

After digging on their website forum, found a link for Android phones (sorry, no iPhones).

Current, less desirable version 8.0

Previous version 7.4

Here is a website that I used to download the older version. It worked for me (but I have no connection to so be cautious):

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos/

Easier on eyes and a better layout. Sonos did acknowledge that they've had a lot of complaints, so they are working on it. Came out early October and all of the negative reviews are on this 8.0 version. Looks like they didn't do their homework very well.

1994 205, LT1
Old 10-17-2017, 11:15 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 X10
Interesting... Marriott just did the same thing... they totally $hit the bed for over two months with the new app. Thanks for the link!

You'd think with the R&D of these companies there might be a better thought process for this type of deployment and roll out. I sure has heck know there is at the firm I work for :-)
Old 10-17-2017, 11:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2016 x30
Along those same lines...Anybody use Hulu? I can't stand their user interface. They have great content but it's really hard to navigate...
Old 10-17-2017, 11:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-Star 7.4L Past: '99 Prostar 195, '01 X-Star, '07 X-Star
I; ve gotten used to the update. But it was extremely frustrating to find that some of the most important functions where drastically changed. I can understand adding functions or reskinning the app. but why change something that wasn't broken.

Although I am really looking forward to the new Amazon Echo/Dot voice control functions. Supposedly you no longer need to have "Line-In" input selected for it to work!