Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2016, 04:13 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
"Soft" property boundary marker on Beach

After a summer of ownership, it's been awesome! Love the beach and the amount of space we have. Unfortunately, our neighbor's house also does some VRBO's....and when we have our renters there, no one really knows who's beach is who's.

In the pic, the blue pedal boat is the neighbors, but is actually on our property (he has a VERY narrow lot).

I was wondering if anyone had any "soft-type" separation barrier that we could put on the beach that might come out a few feet just so there is a visual distinction. I was thinking a very subtle block wall (maybe 6" tall). Or something else?!?

I want my relationship to be good with the neighbor, so I certainly don't want to come in with a big ol' fence. Just so people know more than anything.

I can also just leave it as-is. It's only a few feet more from my ramp (I believe 5'), so not the end of the world.
Attached Images

1994 205, LT1
Old 08-30-2016, 04:18 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Nice. Jealous you're stowing the MC up there. Will you head out through Sept?

Maybe add to your fleet and put a canoe, kayak or a couple of SUP's over there with a rack. North 40 has a bunch on sale.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: BOATLESS :2013 X Star, cute pumpkin motor, 2008 XStar LY6 (gone), 2006 X-15 (gone)
Move it on over to their lot/beach area. If it continues I'd chat with them and have a marker put on the shore/grass so there is an idea. I bought now 1.5 years ago and had it official surveyed....Guess what the road is moving over 25 feet this fall.

I would not think you are being un reasonable.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:24 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
Nice. Jealous you're stowing the MC up there. Will you head out through Sept?

Maybe add to your fleet and put a canoe or a couple of SUP's over there with a rack.
Flying up on Thursday evening...looks nice right now huh!

Wife and daughter are doing an all day Volleyball Tournament on Saturday so I'm heading up alone. I'll also see if I can get someone to look at my fiberglass repair.

Wife and I will also fly back at end of September. So nice and peaceful that time of year!

Our beach extends quite a long ways to the left. Probably 4x his width. Right now we place our two kayaks over there and our pedal boat is tied to our dock (behind tree). He has 2 or 3 kayaks too so if our toys were on the other side, the other house may think those are theirs to use. I do want to keep our items to the left of our ramp....

1994 205, LT1
Old 08-30-2016, 04:26 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkemperdc View Post
Move it on over to their lot/beach area. If it continues I'd chat with them and have a marker put on the shore/grass so there is an idea. I bought now 1.5 years ago and had it official surveyed....Guess what the road is moving over 25 feet this fall.

I would not think you are being un reasonable.
I do move it when I'm there...but when we rent it (and I'm 3 states away), I don't have a lot of control, other than ask our cleaning crew (which I may do). Our crew rakes the beach each time so any new renter gets a nice, clean beach to relax on. We also have a bunch of chairs and recliners laid out for them.

1994 205, LT1
Old 08-30-2016, 04:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
5' tall 7 strand barbed wire fence out to where you can't see it any longer

ok, maybe a bit too subtle, eh? How about digging a post hole (of sorts) and filling with Sakrete up to level with the beach, with some kind of marking or emblem sunk into it.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:32 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
You could do a small stone wall that matches your outbuilding down at the beginning of your dock ramp. Nothing too huge, but big enough that people aren't going to be hurdling it all the time. Maybe put some kind of lights on it so it looks more decorative than anything else? Do it on the other side of your beach as well, and it won't be so obvious.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
I have no real experience with this, but have you tried having the same conversation as your first post with the other owner?
Old 08-30-2016, 04:41 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I have no real experience with this, but have you tried having the same conversation as your first post with the other owner?
His renters change weekly so new people from both houses each week. Kinda like the blind leading the blind. If there was some sort of visual distinction, I think both groups of people would know a little more where their line stops.

1994 205, LT1
Old 08-30-2016, 04:42 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
You could do a small stone wall that matches your outbuilding down at the beginning of your dock ramp. Nothing too huge, but big enough that people aren't going to be hurdling it all the time. Maybe put some kind of lights on it so it looks more decorative than anything else? Do it on the other side of your beach as well, and it won't be so obvious.
I do like this, and having some sort of light is a great idea.

The pump house building is ours....

1994 205, LT1