Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-29-2018, 05:05 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmikler View Post
The Dyson robot is on my wife wish list Its brutally priced but it has the power and canister size of a full size vacuum.
$999?? No thanks...

Gets like 2.5 stars on amazon too. No bueno.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Shark Ionflex Duoclean vacuums. They are cordless and the best vacuum I've had yet. I had a Roomba 770, I got tired of finding it, and you have to clean it out daily. I'd rather vacuum myself.

I got the IF201 Shark, found a deal on ebay for about $200. Wife and I love it.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 SN196, PCM 330HP 5.7L, ZeroOff
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
I havenít cry-laughed in a while Ė thanks x2! LOL
This is almost better than the morning joke thread. Rumba and pets donít mix.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_ski View Post
This is almost better than the morning joke thread. Rumba and pets don’t mix.
This is why I always run mine after taking a quick walk around while the dogs are in their room for the day while I am at work.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:39 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 X30 3,000
I have a used one FSOT in the prize exchange: https://thehomedweller.com/irobot-roomba-665-review/
It works pretty well but it is no substitute for a regular vacuum. Consider it a light duty cleaner that you need to run often. The bin is pretty small so again you need to run it often to get the most out of it. We only have carpet but several people on Amazon say it works better on solid surface floor. We also have short haired dogs and it picks up the hair and dirt very well. The stuff it doesn't pick up well is the stuff that sticks to the carpet like lint or dog toy fuzzies. You will need to experiment with Roomba proofing your room. It can get hung up on throw rugs, grab cords and sometimes I've had it get trapped between a chair and the wall. It's not that big of a deal if it gets stuck, it just shuts down and beeps for help. It's kind of noisy when it runs so you can't really use it while you watch tv but if you're in another room it's fine.

The best thing about it is you can start it up right before you leave the house and it will vacuum while you're gone. The invisible walls work great. When the battery gets low or it's finished the cleaning cycle, it will go back to the charging station - the trick to that is the charging station has to be in the same room as the robot so it can detect it. It's not a big deal to manually put it back to the charge station though. The other good thing is that it will roll under furniture and get some places you otherwise would miss (just make sure there's no cords under there it can grab). It can detect the edges of stairs so it won't fall down them. Also, I don't know how the dirt detector works but if there's a larger than usual mess in a particular spot, it will concentrate on that spot for a longer. It has a remote control if you want to "drive" it over to a specific area. Sometimes I run it while I'm doing other chores which is a lifesaver when company is coming and you're multi-tasking. you can do a deep vacuum a few days before, then touch up with the roomba the morning of.

Our house is very small so I like to pick up the invisible walls every time I run it. Then I get lazy about getting the house "set up" to run the robot before I head out. Since I don't run it often enough and the house gets pretty messy between vacuums, I usually just use the regular vacuum.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:05 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
Held off buying one of these forever, really didn’t see the value in spending $900.00 for a vacuum. My lake neighbor who keeps everything spotless and I mean spotless brings his back and forth from his house to his lake house each weekend. I’m thinking that’s weird and start asking him questions, he says it does a great job but it’s not perfect. Says he sweeps the corners and etc to help but loves it. He says here try it, so I bring it to my house and run it......OMG you should’ve seen the bin full of crap it picked up, and by the way I have an extremely clean house too but not according to this machine. Needless to say in the next 5 days I owned 2 iRobot 980’s...... the proof is in the bin, that’s all I can say.

One of the things I like to most is it cleans under everything such as couches, beds, dressers and etc... that’s really what sold me because a normal vacuum can not do this without moving everything.

My 2cents.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
Held off buying one of these forever, really didnít see the value in spending $900.00 for a vacuum. My lake neighbor who keeps everything spotless and I mean spotless brings his back and forth from his house to his lake house each weekend. Iím thinking thatís weird and start asking him questions, he says it does a great job but itís not perfect. Says he sweeps the corners and etc to help but loves it. He says here try it, so I bring it to my house and run it......OMG you shouldíve seen the bin full of crap it picked up, and by the way I have an extremely clean house too but not according to this machine. Needless to say in the next 5 days I owned 2 iRobot 980ís...... the proof is in the bin, thatís all I can say.

One of the things I like to most is it cleans under everything such as couches, beds, dressers and etc... thatís really what sold me because a normal vacuum can not do this without moving everything.

My 2cents.
Problem with this is you have to remember to clean the bin daily along with the brushes and whatever else gets caught in it. Figured If I was going to clean the bin, I'd might as well have a good vacuum... The cordless battery powered shark is my vote... hell, the wife likes it so much she actually vacuums now....