Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 05-15-2014, 04:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 30th Anniversary Mastercraft PS190 LT-1 w/PowerSlot
I bought ours 3 yrs ago with most options including lighted tow point, wake and surfboard racks, prewired for speakers and bimini top with Sunbrella fabric and it was right about $4,000 shipped.

I worked directly with the factory which was less expensive than going through my local dealer. Did the install in my garage by myself in just a couple days. Best investment we have made for the boat. Great product, no complaints.

One tip is you will need a tower rest when it is folded on closed bow boat or the tow point will rest directly on the gelcoat.

I cut a piece of plastic conduit at the angle of the bow. It has a computer mouse pad glued to the bottom of it to not scratch the boat.. There is a piece of pipe insulation (what they ship the tower in) inside the conduit so it fits snugly over the tow point yet protects the light on top.

See included photo.... Note the tower is only folded once in the photo to fit my 8' tall door opening. The legs fold again to fit under a 7' door opening also.
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2014, 06:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 ProStar 190
Is the install relatively easy? My local dealer quoted $3200 for a mini mounted on my '01 PS190. New Dimension's website says $2299 plus shipping (couple hundred). Figure I could use the extra $ for accessories.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD66 View Post
Is the install relatively easy? My local dealer quoted $3200 for a mini mounted on my '01 PS190. New Dimension's website says $2299 plus shipping (couple hundred). Figure I could use the extra $ for accessories.
Install isn't to bad, need 2 people for sure. Took my brother and I about 3 hours to get its installed an the wires ran for the speakers... Could probably do it faster now that we know how to do it.

Tags
prostar 190, wakeboard tower