Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2013, 11:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 "Tarbaby", 2001 Prostar 190 Donor "Holestar"
It's getting to be that time, dock has been in the water for a week, been out on the SUp a couple times and I still have a empty hull.

Well I did get this in the garage now I'm trying to figure out if I can make it work.

I need to delete the power steering pump, Figure out how to fuel it, and re wire the volvo 10 pin harness to my Indmar 9 pin.

Trying to decide the best route to delete the PS pump. It would be nice if I could find a factory alternator bracket and routing of the serpentine belt. It looks like I'll be fabricating brackets...Gonna be fun getting the proper alignment on the belts huh?

Any advice on the fuel system?
A. Remove Volvo fuel pumps and filter assy.,and plug in the fuel lines and wiring to utilize the Indmar/mastercraft fuel pickup sending unit pump combo in the tank.
B. Use the Volvo pump and filter system and try and fabricate some sort of pick-up fuel sending unit for the the tank.

Finally, I hate to cut the OEM harness's unless it's the last resort. I would like to find a 10 pin male round plug for the Volvo and make a pigtail with a 9 pin round harness to plug into the existing harness in the boat. I spoke with a tech from ebasicpower but he says there is no such thing as a nine pin harness. I double checked and recounted both and found the tech is misinformed. Indmars harness is a 9 pin. So I am having no luck finding a round female 9 pin and a male round 10 pin, so I can wire them together and make my own adapter. Anyone have a hacked up one with enough wire to make one laying around? I'd trade ya for a power steering pump