Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 10-21-2018, 09:25 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Maristar 210
1990 MC Trailer Questions

I have my *official* resto thread below but thought I'd post this by itself.

I am in the midst of redoing my 1990 Maristar 210's trailer and am having a hard time with finding proper suspension parts.

The equalizers seem to be unique as they have 3/4" mounting bolts, where the standard, from what I can see, is 9/16" for all three bolts. I have found one with correct bolt dimensions made by Big Tex but all the other dimensions are not correct.

The 3/4" mounting bolt is also 3" long where as any wet bolts I find online are 3 1/2". I believe the spring eye bolts are 9/16" but won't know until I take them out hopefully tomorrow.

I guess my question is, is there a parts resource for these older OE trailers? Who made them? The title simply says MC TRLR.

I have redone the hubs, hitch, jack, lights, wiring, rustproofed the bunk supports, repaired damaged fenders, and almost done with new bunks. Suspension is last on my list. Then onto the boat. Finally!
Old 10-21-2018, 11:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
are you sure about the 3/4" size? Is it possible that the holes in the equalizer are "wallowed out"? Are the bushings destroyed? I've seen equalizer bushings with 11/16" OD, not much less than the 3/4" you mentioned.

Perhaps you need new equalizers, not a big expense, and not a bad idea on a trailer that old. They will come with new bushings.

I've used Champion Trailers in the past with great success.

The parts on your trailer (and mine) aren't any different than any other trailer made in the last 20-30 years.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:55 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Maristar 210
Yes, it’s a 3/4” bolt. Has a 1 1/8” castle nut. I’ll check out champion trailers, thanks for the tip!