Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2018, 09:21 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft X30
Help - Mastercraft MSRP Pricing Sheet for Options

All -
We just bought a new XT25 from our dealer (2018) during the fall incentive offering. The boat was optioned nicely but I wanted to add a few things and the dealer told me that they would extend their cost on any options I wanted to add. They priced the options for me as follows:

SeaDeck - 2,400
Deckadence - 2,100
Flip up transom seating - 2,500

I was shocked with these prices and stumbled across a MSRP pricing sheet as shared below that is directly from Mastercraft.

https://www.mastercraft.com/assets/boat/51.pdf

As you can see these prices are substantially lower - flip up transom seating almost $1,000 cheaper for example, Deckadence 800 bucks cheaper. The dealer explained that this sheet is only applicable when you are ordering a new boat from the factory - and the factory would not extend their pricing to the dealer the dealer actually pays the 2,100 for deckadence after the fact. Why would MasterCraft do this? Buying a brand new boat for 150k you wouldn't think this would be an issue. Have any of you experienced this? It is not how I would expect this company to operate and I feel like it is something that should be shared more broadly if others are also experiencing this. I would understand if there was an installation cost, but deckadence flooring? You simply throw it on the floor.... Flip up transom seats may take a little work but not 1,000 labor....

Thanks for any feedback.

PS - I did reach out to Jim who I heard about on this forum and he can do the Deckadence for 950 bucks. Too bad I will have to go outside my dealership to get this.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:37 AM

Boat: XT22
Why don't you just order one spec'd with what you'd like? I'm assuming you haven't taken delivery yet.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-Series
Don't forget to include the original/base product in your evaluation. You need to factor in a credit for the flooring that is in the boat (Carpet) and the base seating. The option pricing you see on the MSRP does not include carpeting AND decadence for example.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
This isn’t something exclusive to MC... have you tried adding an option after the fact on a vehicle? Most MC dealers are around $150/hr for labor. However those prices are pretty high.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 10-21-2018, 07:33 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft X30
I have already taken delivery. When the dealer priced the options I was going to add I just said forget it, until I saw the MSRP price sheet and was hopeful that would be what I could get. They told me I would have to trade in the carpet for example to get the best price, so I assumed that was accounted for in the pricing. Thanks for the responses, it is helpful. We almost bought a Nautique after having MC for years and years, and really stuck with MC because of our local dealer. They have been great to us. I guess that is why this was a little shocking, but seems to be normal operation and we will just opt out of the expensive upgrades at this point. Next time I will know. We love the XT25 - that is what is important.

Thanks again for the responses.