Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-20-2018, 10:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft Prostar 197 & 1989 190
Table Rock Lake Trip

Spent the last four days at Table Rock Lake. I have to say it was well worth dragging the 197 up there. Far too much lake to explore in such a short period of time. Stayed at Wilderness Lodge/Big Cedar Resort which is spectacular in itself. Payed $25 a night for a slip at Bent Hook Marina. This may be the best protected marina on the lake as it's tucked way back in a narrow cove. Very clean and the people working there were extremely nice. Thursday and Friday the water was calm. Saturday was a bit ruff from 86 bridge to Indian Point for a 197 as a good south wind was blowing and every yahoo with a tube was there and a few 60 footers were cruising through adding to the wash tub. Once past Indian Point things smoothed out a bit. We enjoyed cruising through the bigger marinas looking at every size and type boat made. We saw a good number of Mastercrafts. We went up past the 16 bridge before turning back. We went up the Cow Creek cove and I can see why it's a good ski cove. We will be back some day.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2
Preaching to the choir... In the 197, check the Kings River arm next time. Buoy course and miles of glass. Slip your boat and stay at The Timbers - very nice accommodations and all new dock; tornado destroyed their dock last year. IMHO - Campbell Point is the best marina on the lake.
100% new a few years ago.
Glad you enjoyed my backyard!!!
Old 05-21-2018, 08:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 08 X45
Glad you were able to experience and appreciate Table Rock! I'll second Neil!

While Big Cedar is a great experience and gorgeous in itself. You need to check out the "west" side of the lake - Shell Knob area, near Campbell Point. The marina is awesome. And you can find some relatively calm spots. Either way, you can't really go wrong with TRL!
Old 05-21-2018, 09:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft Prostar 197 & 1989 190
Our stay at Big Cedar was a special rate so that's how that choice was made. I should have said Bent Hook was the nicest we saw. I looked at the website for Campbells Point and it looks great. We wanted to wait until the weekend of June 9th for the MC get together but have another event that weekend. Next time the west end it will be.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:40 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X23 6000GDI (previous boat was 2014 X25) (4 other boats prior, but none MC)
Send a message via Skype™ to Loewen
Took us a couple years to explore from west of Shell Knob to Arkansas on the east end. Well worth staying in different areas at different times to experience all the lake has to offer. Love that lake, but don't really like trailering 6 hrs to get there. For our boys, it was more about the quest to find every suitable cliff possible to jump off. Never stayed at Shell Knob and it is a long boat ride from Kimberling to there, but well worth it when we made the trek.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:20 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2018 NXT 22
I am heading to Table Rock Lake for the first time this weekend with our NXT22. We are staying at a rental on the West Side of the Lake near Big M Marina that actually has a private dock. Our boat is registered in Missouri, so we should be allowed to dock overnight in the rental house dock, right?
Old 05-22-2018, 12:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 08 X45
There are several boats from out of state on Table Rock. You shouldn't have any trouble at all.

I'd definitely recommend making the trek to King's River Marina and checking out Carmelina's Italian restaurant at King's River Marina. Very good Italian food, in an awesome restaurant on the water.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:59 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTRL View Post
There are several boats from out of state on Table Rock. You shouldn't have any trouble at all.

I'd definitely recommend making the trek to King's River Marina and checking out Carmelina's Italian restaurant at King's River Marina. Very good Italian food, in an awesome restaurant on the water.
You’ve talked me into it
Old 05-22-2018, 01:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2
New BBQ joint at Campbell Point. Watson’s. I haven’t checked it out yet. They were close to having ready to open when I stopped in on 5/19.
On busy Holidays, we head for the river arms past Holiday isle into Arkansas where the water temp will get 50ish degrees - no one goes up there because the water is cold. Or past Cape Fair to catch the smooth water and slalom course.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:50 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
On the west side of the lake, head to the cove off MM 21 (I think). There's a great cove where lots of folks tie up back there in calm water. There's a little cliff for kids to jump from as well, and plenty of room.

I love that lake. This is a weird year for me. Just had a baby a week ago and for the first time in 5 years I didnt plan a Memorial weekend trip.