Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #551  
Old 08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
jdhunt0 jdhunt0 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Boat: 79 Hydrasport
Location: Southeast
Posts: 110
Since you are not going to use you boat, how about you come clean up mine when you are through with yours.
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 08-26-2009, 05:05 PM
flipper's Avatar
flipper flipper is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
Location: Under the radar
Posts: 5,083
"Merry Christmas......The $hiter was full"
__________________
Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 08-27-2009, 10:31 AM
MariStar-Man's Avatar
MariStar-Man MariStar-Man is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Location: Invisible...
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlarsen1 View Post
You need to put this in the "Tow Vehicles Thread."
Ok, but doeat that mean I get a chance to win the prize?


Quote:
Originally Posted by funk View Post
$10 for the razor, you pay shipping!
That's quite a deal, what will I do with all the disposable $$...?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
Empty the crap tank in the motorhome and it will level up!
I'm saving it...I thought you wanted me to fertilize your front lawn...
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 AM
MariStar-Man's Avatar
MariStar-Man MariStar-Man is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Location: Invisible...
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"Merry Christmas......The $hiter was full"
I once heard of a story about a guy who was fiddlin around under there and not thinking, took off the cap before he had fixed the problem. Seconds later...Chochlate pudding all over, and he was without a spoon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhunt0 View Post
Since you are not going to use you boat, how about you come clean up mine when you are through with yours.
I'm sorry, no habla englesh... I can supervise though, If your having problems not knowing what to do...
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 08-27-2009, 10:38 AM
MariStar-Man's Avatar
MariStar-Man MariStar-Man is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Location: Invisible...
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
That's what the black caps/bras are for, to contain any excess grease. Just be sure to get the right size.
Attachment 50972

Attachment 50973
I will check out skidm. Is alligning the engine difficult? I'm looking all over for a diy...
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 08-27-2009, 11:05 AM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
I will check out skidm. Is alligning the engine difficult? I'm looking all over for a diy...
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=5800509 and they have them here, http://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/Bea...dys_c_142.html and most any boat dealer, trailer shop and even Walmart.

Check out these threads on alignment, http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0057758...ment&sa=Search
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.





Last edited by TMCNo1; 08-27-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 08-27-2009, 11:22 AM
MariStar-Man's Avatar
MariStar-Man MariStar-Man is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Location: Invisible...
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=5800509 and they have them here, http://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/Bea...dys_c_142.html and most any boat dealer, trailer shop and even Walmart.

Check out these threads on alignment, http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0057758...ment&sa=Search

thx! just learned about TMC google search. that's a handy tool!
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 08-28-2009, 12:20 PM
MariStar-Man's Avatar
MariStar-Man MariStar-Man is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Location: Invisible...
Posts: 1,219
Vesconite(composite) or Rubber Bearings ? pics

I was wondering if there would be any more nioes or loose play with the composite Bearings then there would be with rubber?

I'm kind of hesitant to change since the rubber came stock on the 99 Maristar?


Has anyone went from rubber to the Hard White, non shrinking/swelling Composite ones?

I bought these at MC Dealer who felt these were Vesconite?? On the tag it reads Nylon...?






Did they pull the Okie-dok on me...
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 08-28-2009, 12:41 PM
XPC Sealman's Avatar
XPC Sealman XPC Sealman is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Boat: N/A
Location: SW Mich & Tennessee
Posts: 65
I too would like to know who labeled them "nylon". We do not package the bearings in pairs to the dealsers, we usually distribute in bulk packages to them. It could be the dealers package with the wrong material calledout on them.
We are the only supplier of that bearing in the USA.

XPC Sealman
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 08-28-2009, 12:53 PM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
I was wondering if there would be any more nioes or loose play with the composite Bearings then there would be with rubber?

I'm kind of hesitant to change since the rubber came stock on the 99 Maristar?


Has anyone went from rubber to the Hard White, non shrinking/swelling Composite ones?

I bought these at MC Dealer who felt these were Vesconite?? On the tag it reads Nylon...?






Did they pull the Okie-dok on me...
MariStar Man, you may want to read about these bushings here, http://www.ojprops.com/products/strut_bushings
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 AM.


2018