Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2017, 10:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X23 7.4l
2015 X23 issues :(

I've had the boat for a couple weeks now and the seller claimed 9/10 is total crap. My fault for not doing my due diligence. Biggest issue so far is the Murphy touch screen. It has a mind of it own and will randomly switch profiles, empty/fill ballasts, turn on and off the fusion stereo, and freeze up so no touchscreen buttons respond. It's so bad it's frustrating to even be on the lake. Yesterday for the second time, the 7.4l motor wouldn't start randomly. It will crank and crank, but not fire. First time it took about 3 key cycles/cranking to get it to finally start. Yesterday it was a solid 15 minutes of cranking every couple minutes before it started. This is after having it run for a couple of hours with no issue. Anybody with the 7.4l had this issue? The passenger flip up seat has stitching coming undone underneath from how it closes against adjacent coffin storage seat. Glove box latch won't keep door closed. Any bump and it pops open. And now I've got trailer light gremlins to track down as I'm missing a rear brake light that comes and goes
Old 10-14-2017, 10:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: boat
Did you transfer the warranty?
Old 10-14-2017, 10:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 X10
So I have to ask.... Do you have any of the 5 year Mastercare warrenty left? I'm assuming not...

I can be of no assistance in fixing those issues.. Its a bummer, you have a great boat!! RE Motor: How many hours are on it? I wonder if it just needs a solid go?
Old 10-14-2017, 10:34 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
Are you the second or third owner? If you’re the second, make sure you transferre the warranty. Take it to a dealer and have them fix these problems under warranty. I had a ‘15 with computer gremlins and an update fixed that.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 MasterCraft X23
All warranty. Software update should solve touchscreen. 7.4 issues have been documented on here, not sure if issues were resolved. I had the glove box problem too. Replaced latch and it seems to be fixed.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:45 AM

Boat: XT22
As mentioned, the 5 year warranty is a huge benefit. Hopefully you can or did transfer it.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Warranty transfer request was sent to corporate last week, just waiting for approval. I guess my frustration lies in that this was supposed to be a turn-key purchase. Far far from that. I hate turning this boat over to the dealer when it still 95 degrees outside
Old 10-14-2017, 10:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancassidy View Post
So I have to ask.... Do you have any of the 5 year Mastercare warrenty left? I'm assuming not...

I can be of no assistance in fixing those issues.. Its a bummer, you have a great boat!! RE Motor: How many hours are on it? I wonder if it just needs a solid go?
Motor has 130 hrs...
Old 10-14-2017, 11:08 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X30
The problems with your screen will likely require replacement. Mastercraft calls this "ghost touch" and it's the result of a manufacturing defect. I argued with my dealer for months and did several software updates, replaced the starter button, tried a different engine management module (not sure of the technical name), etc before they finally got Mastercraft involved. I talked to the Mastercraft guy directly and he said that it is a known, but not common, issue.

The screen should be a warranty item. I was tired of dragging the boat back and forth from the lake to the dealer, so I changed the screen myself. It's a very simple, 30 minute job to change and it fixed all of my issues. I've put over 100 hours on the boat since.

Keep your chin up. You'll love it once this is fixed.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X-Star 2009 X-Star (SOLD) 2003 X2 (SOLD)
On the 7.4 issue I THINK that the short term remedy was to start it with the throttle all the way down. Think it was a back pressure issue. They have some kinda fix that the dealer does. There is a thread on hear about it. I would definitely search for the thread before you do what I said.