Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2013, 03:58 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Marastar 225 1994 Indmar 350
Indmar 350 Flooding? 1994 Maristar 225

Salvage my summer...I have been struggling with the operation of my Mastercraft all summer. This otherwise reliable boat hasn't run well all year. Boat is 20 years old but only 300 babied hours...

The problem: Flooding, fouling plugs, backfiring, struggling to exceed 200 RPM's, excessive fuel consumption....but all of this only occurs after 20 to 30 minutes of operation.

I have; changed the plugs, fuel filter (twice), replaced the coolant temperature sensor, thermostat, and impeller. All gauges read as they always have --year after year.

Oil pressure is good, temperature is about 135 degrees, I can almost watch the fuel gauge lower!!

I've read a million threads, (most of which are above my level of knowledge). One I just read talked about injectors dumping so much fuel into the cylinder that the oil has been contaminated. When I checked the oil, after limping back to the dock, at a maximum of 2000 rpm's, I was surprised to see it appeared over full.

Suggestions????