Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 01-24-2018, 11:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 NXT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
I had never heard of this before this thread. Makes me want to check out changing mine.

I am just not very happy with the sound system on our NXT22. There is no bass to amount to much and not much control over it either.
What amps did your NXT come with? It might be a simple amp swap and tune. The 8" woofer is not going to supply much and it is not really located in a great spot. I ordered mine without the woofer with plans to add a separate amp and different woofer placement. I also put Exile tower speakers up. That is so much better in itself.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2016 NXT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterwake View Post
What amps did your NXT come with? It might be a simple amp swap and tune. The 8" woofer is not going to supply much and it is not really located in a great spot. I ordered mine without the woofer with plans to add a separate amp and different woofer placement. I also put Exile tower speakers up. That is so much better in itself.
I really don't even know. I know the dealer changed it when we added two more tower speakers.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 NXT 22
The factory NXT 20-22/ 2015 -2017 set up with some add ons can get pretty good.
Some must haves IMO, if you selected "Advanced Audio"(Head unit and 5 channel amp with sub);
  • A separate Amp (M200/2 or bigger) for 2 Tower speakers and Towers Speakers that are the JL M770 series or better. The factory on NXT are a 6" due to board rack clearance, but larger speakers are only effected if you put wakeboards (Due to the bindings) in the upper rack spaces, I just use those for Surf board.
    On this Amp, add a JL RLC and run that dial control to the captains side to easily control tower volume
  • For the interior and sub, the factory should be a JL 700/5 which will do the trick. The problem with the interior factory set up is the POS 8"sub. I had a 10" JL in my 2015 that I added and it is significantly better than the 8. I will be adding a 10" JL this season and either adding a 200/2 to power it or just unhook the 8" I found that the sub level control on the head unit worked, but you could also add the JL RBC on the captains side to find tune
  • Replace the fusion BT100 with the fusion BT200.

The top 3 changes I would recommend are these. If you're a DIY guy, they can all be done for about $400 and ~2 hours of time

1) If you already have the factory tower speakers add the JL RLC to have remote control over speaker volume. $30 and an easy install https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-HD-R...words=jl+hdrlc
2) Replace the Fusion Bluetooth to the BT200 $80. This is a 10 minute job https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-MS-BT2...s=fusion+bt200
3) Add a 10" JL sub to replace the 8. I'm going to leave the 8 in its current location and place the 10 next to it towards the bow side of the boat. $300 https://www.amazon.com/JL-M10IB5-SG-...L+marine+10%22
Old 01-26-2018, 12:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2018 NXT 22
Does anyone know how the 2018 Klipsch head unit for the NXT 22 compares to the 2015 to 2017 Fusion unit? I've read a lot about upgrading the Fusion unit, but what about the Klipsch unit? My main concern is being able to control the volume of tower speakers vs. cabin speakers. This is with the advanced audio package with 4 S70 tower cans.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 NXT22
I have not heard anything yet but there is a full thread on their system on here.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: pontoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenj10 View Post
Does anyone know how the 2018 Klipsch head unit for the NXT 22 compares to the 2015 to 2017 Fusion unit? I've read a lot about upgrading the Fusion unit, but what about the Klipsch unit? My main concern is being able to control the volume of tower speakers vs. cabin speakers. This is with the advanced audio package with 4 S70 tower cans.
One major difference I believe, is the klipsch is integrated into the helm system more, where as the Fusion is a true traditional head unit. Now, what does that really mean? Nothing, because its about features, user friendly and sound quality.

What I believe I have read, is that zone control is only available on the top tier klipsch system. I do not know if thats an available option the NXT. May want to refer to your dealer or ask in the Thread thats followed by the Klipsch rep.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:04 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: nxt 22 2017
i had the same problem i replace me fusion with a 750 and a big difference also up graded my speakers and added 2 12s with new strero you will have to readjust your amps because dont need so much bass in your highs fusion stereo will adjust the bass on the deck
Old 04-01-2018, 09:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 NXT 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by big harv View Post
i had the same problem i replace me fusion with a 750 and a big difference also up graded my speakers and added 2 12s with new strero you will have to readjust your amps because dont need so much bass in your highs fusion stereo will adjust the bass on the deck
Harv, where did you put the 12"s? Pics?
Old 04-02-2018, 03:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
The factory NXT 20-22/ 2015 -2017 set up with some add ons can get pretty good.
Some must haves IMO, if you selected "Advanced Audio"(Head unit and 5 channel amp with sub);
  • A separate Amp (M200/2 or bigger) for 2 Tower speakers and Towers Speakers that are the JL M770 series or better. The factory on NXT are a 6" due to board rack clearance, but larger speakers are only effected if you put wakeboards (Due to the bindings) in the upper rack spaces, I just use those for Surf board.
    On this Amp, add a JL RLC and run that dial control to the captains side to easily control tower volume
  • For the interior and sub, the factory should be a JL 700/5 which will do the trick. The problem with the interior factory set up is the POS 8"sub. I had a 10" JL in my 2015 that I added and it is significantly better than the 8. I will be adding a 10" JL this season and either adding a 200/2 to power it or just unhook the 8" I found that the sub level control on the head unit worked, but you could also add the JL RBC on the captains side to find tune
  • Replace the fusion BT100 with the fusion BT200.

The top 3 changes I would recommend are these. If you're a DIY guy, they can all be done for about $400 and ~2 hours of time

1) If you already have the factory tower speakers add the JL RLC to have remote control over speaker volume. $30 and an easy install https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-HD-R...words=jl+hdrlc
2) Replace the Fusion Bluetooth to the BT200 $80. This is a 10 minute job https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-MS-BT2...s=fusion+bt200
3) Add a 10" JL sub to replace the 8. I'm going to leave the 8 in its current location and place the 10 next to it towards the bow side of the boat. $300 https://www.amazon.com/JL-M10IB5-SG-...L+marine+10%22
SteveO - thanks for the write up and your recommendations. I have a new to me 2017 NXT20 and already did #1 and #2. I want to do #3, but don't know where the best place to put the 10" sub. Easy place would be next to the current sub, but I've thought about putting it under the fuse panel on the starboard side.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by big harv View Post
Harv - did you have any clearance issues upgrading your fusion with the 750? I read that they have different cut-outs. Thanks!