Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 07-24-2018, 09:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: pontoon
Quote:
I didn’t want to use the one out of the dsp for fear of overloading the circuit.
simple relay make short work of that. Amps turn/off together with no load to the source unit.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:28 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XStar that's trying to be a 40th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Told you lol
Ya, I see that they have logged on a couple times and viewed this thread since I asked the question. Itís kinda sad that they will use the forum for advertising purposes and to research info for their own use........ but then not offer any help in return.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:38 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XStar that's trying to be a 40th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
I now have aftermarket JL amps for my Rev 10 tower speakers working really well. I still need to find an ignition controlled wire for the remote circuit though. I didnít want to use the one out of the dsp for fear of overloading the circuit. I also re-powered the factory Klipsch subs with a JL HD750/1 I had laying around to hear how they sounded with more power. My initial impression was louder and more full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like MLA said, a relay would work well.... although that is an extremely low draw circuit, and itís doubtful it would cause any issue.

How is the unwanted noise situation on your setup? Is there any?

In talking with JL, it sounds like the VX series amps are the key. They can easily accept the 8v signal the DSP is putting out, and can easily filter out unwanted noise. They donít have a Marine version yet, but if they are installed in a proper location, they should be fine.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Like MLA said, a relay would work well.... although that is an extremely low draw circuit, and itís doubtful it would cause any issue.

How is the unwanted noise situation on your setup? Is there any?

In talking with JL, it sounds like the VX series amps are the key. They can easily accept the 8v signal the DSP is putting out, and can easily filter out unwanted noise. They donít have a Marine version yet, but if they are installed in a proper location, they should be fine.

Are your Klipsch amps powered from an isolation relay that is on all the time when the battery switch is on? It appears the way my boat is wired, whenever the battery switch is on, the DSP is on so I donít know if I can use the DSP amp turn-on circuit. Even with the stock amp setup, if I left the battery switch on for more than 3 days it would kill the battery.

The HD amps accept the 8V signal from the DSP fine. No noise as long as everything is grounded properly, same as other setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
2018, hydrotunes