Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 07-23-2018, 11:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X25 6.0 L / 2004 X-30 MCX(SOLD)
Clarion head unit non responsive

Head unit will turn on and goes to Tuner source but none of the buttons work so I cant change the source to the auxiliary. Work d just fine yesterday. Tried from the remotes and from the BIG display and still no response. Clearly has power and the power button is the only one that works. Tried shutting down batteries and no change.
Hopefully someone else has had this as well. Itís a 2011 with stock clarion unit, sorry not sure exact model but can check tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2018, 08:16 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: pontoon
We always suspect the wired remotes first, and this includes the helm screen if its part of the audio controls. Start by unplugging all remotes and see if the head itself returns to normal operation.Then, plug one remote in at a time until it freezes up again. Thats likely the culprit.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:43 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drballenbc View Post
Head unit will turn on and goes to Tuner source but none of the buttons work so I cant change the source to the auxiliary. Work d just fine yesterday. Tried from the remotes and from the BIG display and still no response. Clearly has power and the power button is the only one that works. Tried shutting down batteries and no change.
Hopefully someone else has had this as well. Itís a 2011 with stock clarion unit, sorry not sure exact model but can check tomorrow.

Disconnect the batteries- using a switch to shut them off doesn't eliminate the possibility that some kind of parasitic drain is occurring and might be enough to prevent a complete reset. If possible, disconnect the main harness from the head unit and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X25 6.0 L / 2004 X-30 MCX(SOLD)
Went down this morning to try out the suggestions , turned battery on, went to auxiliary and it fired up just fine and works normal. Just needed a rest I guess. At least I have an idea what to do next time cause I suspect itís gonna happen again. Thanks everyone for the help.