Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 06-23-2018, 06:12 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 X2
2008 X2 engine replacement with PCM

I have recently acquired a 2008 X2 SS, it is a beautiful boat that needs quite a bit of work, mainly as it has no engine. I was able to get a PCM base engine to put into this boat as I know the local PCM dealer.

The only parts that came from the original Indmar MCX engine are
-Transmission and VDrive with bellhousing
-Fuel Rail and Fuel injectors
-The exhaust
-Engine wiring harness and ECM and Fuses

I had hoped that the base engine would be a straight forward installation and I would be able to reuse most of the indmar parts, bellhousing fits, so am using the transmission and vdrive already in the boat and exhaust headers.
My issue is now with the wiring, the wiring harness from the Indmar engine does not fit the PCM engine, and I dont know how compatible the ECM would be.

I see myself with 3 options,
1) Source different connectors and modify the Indmar wiring harness to fit the PCM engine, and hope that the ECM works well with engine.
2) Purchase a new PCM wiring harness and ECM, but am unclear if the boat wiring harness would connect up to the PCM harness? Below is a picture of the main boat harness connection. PCM has something that looks similar. Also would the gauges work? Perfect Pass? VDIG?
3) Use the original Indar wiring harness without any modification to the wiring but source Indmar sensors and parts and exchange them on the PCM engine.

Appreciate any advice and suggestions anyone here might have. Thank you!
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2018, 07:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Any details on that pcm engine?
Old 06-24-2018, 02:01 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
Any details on that pcm engine?
It is a PCM ex343
The base build includes intake, oil pan, valve covers, circ pump, distributor, and fuel rail with fuel injectors. I have purchased a new alternator, raw water pump and all pulleys and installed them.

The only connection that fits from the Indmar wiring harness is connection to the throttle body. Other than that and the fuel injector connections, im not sure which plug on the wiring harness should go where as I dont have anything to reference from Indmar.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:37 PM
TT Newbie

I just came across this Indmar service manual. Looks like it should be useful to identify the connections on the wiring harness.
Is there somewhere I can get a parts manual specifically for the Indmar mcx?

https://www.boattoys.ca/pages/indmar...gnostic-manual