Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #531  
Old 05-26-2018, 07:22 AM
trunderw trunderw is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Boat: 2008 X-14 MCX w/Powerslot
Location: lake anna
Posts: 442
I hang them from the tower, or tie one to the cleat on the dock.
__________________
boats rock, but don't rock the boat
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 05-26-2018, 08:22 AM
rtw_travel rtw_travel is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Boat: 2014 X-14V
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 411
Oooops
__________________
2014 X-14V
2012 X-14V (gone)

Last edited by rtw_travel; 05-26-2018 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 05-26-2018, 08:24 AM
rtw_travel rtw_travel is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Boat: 2014 X-14V
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krw1225 View Post
Question for fellow x-14/214 owners, when docking at the marina/dock, or wherever you are that requires you to put the bumpers out. Do you find that you have to have them basically touching the cleats? The distance between the cleats/rub rail/gunwales leaves no room for rope before it drops the bumper below the rail? I find that this hull sits so low in the water that the docks are usually above the boat. Hope my descriptions are making sense for my question. Just seems very odd and donít feel like itís right. Thanks for input in advance.

Also could just be that the marina Iím at just has high floating docks
I did two things:
I bought larger fenders, and
I installed phender pro. https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=57411

Itís still a bit of a problem on the rear fender. The rope is very short ( just over the rub rail) and the bottom of the fender floats on the water so it does not hang straight down ... but it does fend off the dock properly.
__________________
2014 X-14V
2012 X-14V (gone)
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 05-26-2018, 09:29 AM
Krw1225 Krw1225 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Location: Southeast
Posts: 157
Thanks - all good ideas and reassuring that I’m not crazy. Using the tower is an interesting thought, because the way the hull curves in at the bow, the middle of the boat could still touch.

Id love to see a pic of the set up to hang them off the tower.

I’ve also though about the phender Pro because when you use the boat cleats for the bumpers/fenders it doesn’t really leave room for the tie down lines.

The summer of learning, got to love it!
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 05-26-2018, 09:39 AM
JohnE's Avatar
JohnE JohnE is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Boat: XT22
Location: Boston 'burbs
Posts: 11,758
I should have given you my fenders. I used the angled ski boat fenders. I tied one to the front grab rail with a hitch knot. In the middle I had one with a loop tied into it that I would hook to the tower knob, and in the back I tied another one with a hitch to the rear grab rail. I had to use the grab rails because, as you said, the cleats are so low.
__________________
Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 05-26-2018, 10:35 AM
rtw_travel rtw_travel is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Boat: 2014 X-14V
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krw1225 View Post

Id love to see a pic of the set up to hang them off the tower.
The best pic I have is near the bottom of the phender pro thread that I linked to above.

That was my old old and a smaller fender than what I use now.

Rather than tie it to the tower, I have loop in the fender line about 10Ē above the fender, and clip onto the loop with a gated stainless hook that is tied on the free end of the line. I.e. tie a hook to the end of the fender line, wrap it around the tower base and hook it onto the loop. No knots to tie and no guessing about the right height. That is mostly visible in the picture
__________________
2014 X-14V
2012 X-14V (gone)
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 05-26-2018, 10:24 PM
davidrezin davidrezin is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Boat: 2010 X14V with LY6
Location: Midwest
Posts: 13
Hello All...

Any Wake Surfers out there? I'm aware the Mission Delta Wake Shaper potentially fits an X14V however I was curious if there are any X14V Enthusiasts out there that have used any other makes/models witj succes? The X14V has some unique contours at the rear and bottom of the boat which lends itself difficult to finding a Wake Shaper that fits.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by davidrezin; 05-27-2018 at 05:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 05-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Rhob88 Rhob88 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Boat: 1994 mastercraft 205
Location: South
Posts: 90
I got a swell wake surf model , and it works great , and it floats and it’s easy on the wallet
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 05-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Krw1225 Krw1225 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Location: Southeast
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I should have given you my fenders. I used the angled ski boat fenders. I tied one to the front grab rail with a hitch knot. In the middle I had one with a loop tied into it that I would hook to the tower knob, and in the back I tied another one with a hitch to the rear grab rail. I had to use the grab rails because, as you said, the cleats are so low.
if they donít work on the new boat, maybe we can work something out!
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 05-27-2018, 10:38 AM
Krw1225 Krw1225 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Location: Southeast
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtw_travel View Post
The best pic I have is near the bottom of the phender pro thread that I linked to above.

That was my old old and a smaller fender than what I use now.

Rather than tie it to the tower, I have loop in the fender line about 10Ē above the fender, and clip onto the loop with a gated stainless hook that is tied on the free end of the line. I.e. tie a hook to the end of the fender line, wrap it around the tower base and hook it onto the loop. No knots to tie and no guessing about the right height. That is mostly visible in the picture
Thanks for link and ideas!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.


2018