Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 05-20-2018, 05:36 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Were you guys truly all that blown away by the JL 10 and 8 setup? They’re free air subs.... not gonna pound like a woofer in a ported enclosure

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 05-20-2018, 09:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Were you guys truly all that blown away by the JL 10 and 8 setup? They’re free air subs.... not gonna pound like a woofer in a ported enclosure
No I wasn’t.

With the zone settings above the new system rivals the old. IMO.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtminarik View Post
Would love to find another dealer - none in the area but this one. When I reached out to mastercraft - they said I had to deal with the dealer, sheesh. Third, Mastercraft, Lots of money on a boat and getting pretty frustrated with this proprietary stereo and ridiculous dealer support.
Jtminarik, first suggest you become a member of Team Talk, get registered here.

Then go to your dealer and let them know this board is just as concerned with your poor dealer service experience as you are, as anyone would be. As others state, MC is known for great customer service and have made an effort earning such, along with their premium products.

If neither they nor MC respond then it is fair game to post up your dealer name here. I applaud your discretion not to post any smut shots before trying to get this resolved, but if it as bad as it sounds, fire away.

I would also recommend calling Colorado Mastercraft, ask for Alan S. They are on top of the Klipsch stereo systems and got in front of some of these wiring issues early.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft 50th Anv, XT21, 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
Jtminarik, first suggest you become a member of Team Talk, get registered here.

Then go to your dealer and let them know this board is just as concerned with your poor dealer service experience as you are, as anyone would be. As others state, MC is known for great customer service and have made an effort earning such, along with their premium products.

If neither they nor MC respond then it is fair game to post up your dealer name here. I applaud your discretion not to post any smut shots before trying to get this resolved, but if it as bad as it sounds, fire away.

I would also recommend calling Colorado Mastercraft, ask for Alan S. They are on top of the Klipsch stereo systems and got in front of some of these wiring issues early.
Thanks! I am registered here, but have to get the administrator to remove the block as it thinks I'm under 13 for some reason.... I spoke to another forum member this evening and think we figured out where the issue is in the wiring. Missing harness piece - going to get that ordered and see if its the right component to get it resolved. I'll double check that with Alan S. If it works, I'll post here the specifics that had to be done to get it all together and how to do it. Mastercraft does seem to be stepping up on the gel coat issue which is why the dealer had the boat originally - but dealer having it 5 months and not dealing with the tower issue while they had it, plus telling me they are too busy to deal with me now, is still unsatisfactory on the dealer side - I'm aware that isn't directly Mastercraft's fault in of itself.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:51 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
Quote:
I bought my 2018 XT21 with two tower speakers - so the tower is connected to the 8 channel amp via one pigtail that also has the cabin speakers in that pigtail. I Wanted to upgrade to 4 tower speakers so dealer had me buy 4 channel amp, new wiring harness for amp and power harness for amp. The new wiring harness has a separate plug for cabin speakers and separate for tower speakers. The existing plug (that was previously connecting the tower and cabin speakers) plugs into the cabin pigtail of the new harness. Dealer can't find the "tower" pigtail to connect. So now I have NO tower speakers. Any idea on where this plug is? Will it drive all 4 speakers? Seems it has to be spliced into the harness somewhere since the original plug was driving the tower from the 8ch amp. Dealer has had the boat for months and just handed it back to me saying they can't figure it out and are now to busy to work on it.
Quote:
Thanks! I am registered here, but have to get the administrator to remove the block as it thinks I'm under 13 for some reason.... I spoke to another forum member this evening and think we figured out where the issue is in the wiring. Missing harness piece - going to get that ordered and see if its the right component to get it resolved. I'll double check that with Alan S. If it works, I'll post here the specifics that had to be done to get it all together and how to do it. Mastercraft does seem to be stepping up on the gel coat issue which is why the dealer had the boat originally - but dealer having it 5 months and not dealing with the tower issue while they had it, plus telling me they are too busy to deal with me now, is still unsatisfactory on the dealer side - I'm aware that isn't directly Mastercraft's fault in of itself.
Hi jtminarki,

With a stock Premium Package w/2 Tower, you should have an 8ch + 1ch amp setup. The 1ch handles both subs and the 8ch runs all four zones. In a 4 Tower setup, an additional 4ch amp is needed which runs all 4 Tower speakers. The Tower Zone signal from the DSP is disconnected from the 8ch and sent to the new 4ch. Everything should be plug n’ play with the extra harnesses purchased along with the 4ch amp (nothing spliced). I agree it sounds like there may be a missing harness.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:56 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTNG View Post
Does Klipsch have a wireless remote? I have the premium system in my 2018 XT22
Thanks

Currently, we do not offer a wireless remote option.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:10 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC500mod View Post
Upland, when my screens work, what i've been doing is setting the bow, helm, cockpit, and tower zones to level 20. Then setting the sub to 40 and adjusting the master volume. This helps get more bass into the music. it may not go as loud as needed but sounds better. With all zones set at 40, it's remarkable how little bass there is.
XC500mod,

Using the zone controls in this manner is a great way to boost bass levels without increasing everything equally. However, when you mentioned that there is little bass at high levels, this sounds like you are likely experiencing a phase cancellation issue.

What we’ve found is that at lower and middle volume levels, with the zone levels at max, the bass is prominent. However, as the amplitude increases beyond a certain point, the cancellation occurs and the loss of bass is noticed.

I would recommend having your dealer check your wiring for your subs to ensure proper system phase.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:08 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
Klipsch,

Thanks for responding. Do the dealers have a service bulletin I could reference when bringing this issue to them? Do they have specific instruction of what wiring issues to look for and changes to make?
Old 05-27-2018, 10:28 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XStar that's trying to be a 40th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC500mod View Post
Klipsch,

Thanks for responding. Do the dealers have a service bulletin I could reference when bringing this issue to them? Do they have specific instruction of what wiring issues to look for and changes to make?

Just swap the + and - wires on one of your subs, and see if the bass is better. Shouldn't matter which one you swap, but only swap one.

It will either be a lot better, or a lot worse. If it's worse, swap it back.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:46 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft 50th Anv, XT21, 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
Hi ,

With a stock Premium Package w/2 Tower, you should have an 8ch + 1ch amp setup. The 1ch handles both subs and the 8ch runs all four zones. In a 4 Tower setup, an additional 4ch amp is needed which runs all 4 Tower speakers. The Tower Zone signal from the DSP is disconnected from the 8ch and sent to the new 4ch. Everything should be plug n’ play with the extra harnesses purchased along with the 4ch amp (nothing spliced). I agree it sounds like there may be a missing harness.
Thanks - it was a missing harness from the Tower to the Amp harness Part Number: 508510. Hardest part was running the harness behind the seat. There were a couple zip ties way up towards the top that I could thread it thru to keep it up and out of the way. Plug and Play - but only the port speakers work. So, I'm assuming the dealer has to reconfigure the DSP to have all 4 speakers turned on with the 4 channel amp, right?

Tags
bongiovi, dsp, klipsch, stereo