Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 07-07-2006, 12:58 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Running of the Bulls

It started yesterday. I ran with 3 show ski buddies back in 1993. It was the single biggest rush of my life! We always call each other during this week to swap stories about when we lived like rock stars. Anybody else run and party in Spain?

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205 w/351 H.O. 4 Blade CNC Acme
My God Brother ran with the bulls a few years back said the exact same thing about it being the biggest rush of his life and enjoyed 3 days of partying with some of the craziest Spainards! He had some video footage that was out of this world.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it is unfamiliar territory."
Old 07-07-2006, 09:29 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Barefoot 200 MasterCraft 1993 ProV200 Outboard
Running of the Bulls ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuan23
My God Brother ran with the bulls a few years back,
he had some video footage that was out of this world.
Let's see it
Load it onto putfile.com, then tell us where
Attached Images

Last edited by atlfootr; 07-07-2006 at 09:33 PM. Reason: add pic'
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 PM
MC Addict

THE RUNNING RULES
An edict issued by the mayors office details the following rules concerning the running of the bulls:

1. Those who are less than 18 years old are forbidden to run.
2. Crowding the fence is not allowed.
3. All doors along the runway must be closed.
4. No one can remain in the runway who is drunk or drugged or who in any other way represents a danger to the rest.
5. One cannot carry things into the runway.
6. Runners must be dressed correctly.
7. It is forbidden to call to the bulls or in any way attract their attention either in the runway or in the ring.
8. Taking photos from inside the runway or from the fences during the "encierro" is not allowed without permission from the authorities.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
MC Platinum

I ran before the days of cameras that were small enough for you to run with! Tomorrow would be my 12 anniversary!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
MC Addict

Tips for running

Access -If you want to participate in the running, you should enter the track before 7:30 am through the gates in the Plaza Consistorial and stay there until the municipal barriers in the stretch between the Square and the Old Military hospital. After 7:30 the accesses are closed and you are not allowed to leave the track.
Most dangerous stretches - Callejon-Plaza de Toros (eight deaths) and the end of the Cuesta de Santo Domingo (three deaths).
Garments - Use comfortable clothes and sneakers or sport shoes. Do not carry any other items (backpacks, cameras, etc.) with you.
Ask experts runners for advice - The running is neither a joke nor an opportunity for media coverage. The risks are enormous, and the mass attendance of runners makes it even more dangerous. It takes many years of practice to become a good runner.
Getting in and out of the flow - Getting into the flow of runners is as important as getting out of the way. Get in gradually, as the other runners get out. Or get straight in, from a standing start.
Beware of falling - Bulls are not the only danger. Mainly, it's the number of runners. The chances of stumbling and falling are very high. In fact, most of the people who are injured during the run have fallen and been trampled over by other runners. You have to look in front of you, behind you and on the ground. Once you are in the herd, it's safest to remain close to the bulls because there will be no runners in front of you. If you fall, just curl up and do not move until someone taps you on the shoulder. If you're near a bull and you fall, do not try to get up. If you curl up in a ball, the bull will evade you and continue running. Getting up will cause the bull to attack you. This is the most common mistake made by runners.

Last edited by atlfootr; 07-08-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
MC Platinum

2 of the guys that I ran with got run over by alot of people. I ran like the place down under and had a blast. I still have my red sash and my rolled up newspaper in a shadowbox in my gameroom. It is also famous for the party. They claim that it is the 2nd biggest party in the world behind only the Carnival in Rio. I beleive it...it never shuts down! The most dangerous part is where the route turns and leads into the arena. It narrows and there is nowhere to hide. Locals call it the Valley of Death. It is a turn and about 30 yards. I think I covered that part in about 2.2 seconds. We watched one day and ran the next.

Last edited by tex; 07-07-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:36 AM
MC Addict

Ever try it w/ Texas Long Horns?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC, 209, 2002, 310 HP
Just heard on the news yesterday that one American is partially paralyzed this year - seems like a high price to pay for the experience? I'm sure it is a lot of fun - and to be enjoyed when you're young and don't have to worry about others depending on you.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:34 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by peason
Just heard on the news yesterday that one American is partially paralyzed this year - seems like a high price to pay for the experience? I'm sure it is a lot of fun - and to be enjoyed when you're young and don't have to worry about others depending on you.
Kind of like waterskiing? People get injured and paralyzed doing that sometimes too.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190