Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-31-2018, 09:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelanau190 View Post
I just did a google images search and it looks like the boat should sit further back on the lift than I was thinking, so I shouldn't need to clear the prop...
Hey man, you want that engine hump centered or slightly forward on your bunks, not back... If you're too far back, you'll feel the boat teeter on the lift.

You do not want to stress the hull or god forbid have the boat fall out the back - which would more than likely total the boat
Old 01-31-2018, 02:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft 1982 351 Powerslot Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
Hey man, you want that engine hump centered or slightly forward on your bunks, not back... If you're too far back, you'll feel the boat teeter on the lift.

You do not want to stress the hull or god forbid have the boat fall out the back - which would more than likely total the boat
Had a neighbour on the lake park his boat too far back returning late one night, woke up the next morning to his lift tipped back and his deck boat in the water up to the windshield.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2018, 05:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft, Prostar190, 351W
Good to know, thanks! Centering the engine makes sense.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:59 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1987 ProStar 190
I have a Shore Station with an 87 ProStar 190 on it. I used these bunk brackets, and they worked great. Did you get the newer model with the "V" cross-member? I wish I had that model, it buys you some room to get the fins to clear.

http://www.boatliftanddock.com/p-299...-bunk-kit.aspx

Here's how they look on my lift. Unfortunately, I can't measure the bunks for your anytime soon though.

PS, the best thing I ever did was find a canopy top for my lift! If yours didn't come with one, keep your eyes open locally. Sometimes they'll pop up.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft, Prostar190, 351W
Thanks for the link! No, I don't have the v-bunks, so the taller bunk brackets will be helpful. And no, no canopy, but I'm keeping an eye out for one.

Tags
boat lift, bunks, hoist, prostar 190