Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 10-21-2015, 08:15 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2004 Mastercraft x10
1992 Prostar 190 SOLD

Correction: The boat is a 1992 rather then a 1991.

I recently updated to a 2004 x10 and thus have our Prostar 190 for sale. Been in our family for 20 years and is 100% original. Needs some interior loving but I ski behind it every weekend so needs nothing to enjoy it. I've got it in storage and fully winterized. It's on craigslist so below is the link but I'd love to see it go to a good home with someone here so make me an offer and let's work something out. Price is not firm for Team Talk members as you guys have helped me so much with my research into buying the x10 and for that I appreciate it.

http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/boa/5278040591.html

Thanks, Tom
Attached Images

Last edited by swjtlongdrive; 11-06-2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: wrong information
Old 10-29-2015, 08:59 AM
TT Regular

Boat: None-yet
Info

I was wondering if you could give a bit more detail about needing a little bit of attention in your craigslist ad. I understand upholstery, this would be our first boat so just trying to get a handle on additional work/cost I may incurr as opposed to spending $5-$10k more for a newer one. And your 45 minutes away, no shipping💵💸
Old 10-29-2015, 09:16 AM
TT Newbie

Great point. I was vague at best with that statement. For me the list is short but sweet. Some of the seats will need re done. The drivers seat is the main issue. small items like the carpet around the couch in the back needs to be re stapled around the bottom of the couch. One speedo works but one doesn't. I believe its the sensor in the water that is the issue as it get's gummed up in the lovely lake water in Indiana. Nothing mechanical needs done to take it out and enjoy it the first day of spring. Nothing at all. Put a battery charger on it for a couple days and it has always fired right up. It's taken us 5 years to decide to sell it and go to a bigger boat and the main reason it took so long is because the boat ran so well every time we asked it to. I keep it on a trickle charger every night it's on the dock as the battery does tend to wear down. I replaced all the speakers about 3 years ago and they work great with the CD changer. The teak platform needs to be sanded and treated but is in good condition for the age. I've done it about every other year on average but didn't do it this fall. The cover could use replaced as it is a mooring cover for while it sits at night and it has some small holes in it. all the items that need done are small ones that are DIY items for the most part. It's been a great boat for us and I hope someone buys it who will enjoy it. Let me know if you'd like to see it. I'm around for the most part but this Saturday I'll be out of town. Tom
Old 10-29-2015, 09:32 AM
TT Regular

Boat: None-yet
Thanks for the quick response. Sounds like what we're looking for. What size engine.? Not looking for anything big, not sure about fuel consumption. Do you maintain the service records.?
Thanks Dale
Old 10-29-2015, 09:40 AM
TT Newbie

All service has been done at Tall Timbers marina on Lake Freeman, used to be Pearsons Marina. All we did with regard to service is the winterization each year and I think the two times I had the impeller changed out. That is literally all we've done to it in all the years I've owned it. A new battery every other year or so and that's it. I don't know much about boats so I always defer to the marina to service it as they see fit. The marina is under new ownership this year so I'm not sure how familiar they will be with the boat and it's service now. I believe the motor is the 351, I always thought it was a 302 but my understanding is they are the same block as each other. I can research this more. It is the original motor to the boat, that much I know. Sorry I can't help more then that. To a fault, I just got in the boat and went skiing for years.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:02 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 04 X7
Quote:
Originally Posted by swjtlongdrive View Post
I recently updated to a 2004 x10 and thus have our Prostar 190 for sale. Been in our family for 20 years and is 100% original. Needs some interior loving but I ski behind it every weekend so needs nothing to enjoy it. I've got it in storage and fully winterized. It's on craigslist so below is the link but I'd love to see it go to a good home with someone here so make me an offer and let's work something out. Price is not firm for Team Talk members as you guys have helped me so much with my research into buying the x10 and for that I appreciate it.

http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/boa/5278040591.html

Thanks, Tom
Tom, I think if you check your hull number you'll discover that boat is a 92 or 93 instead of a 91. Same hull but the interior on the 92, 93 is upgraded. Also that is a 351HO engine with 285 hp. That's a very nice boat and looks to be in great condition. Easily worth asking price.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 X5 "Red Five"
If you have the Hull ID you can look up the motor type that came with it. Appears to be a 351 but can verify if it is STD or HO with the Hull ID...
Old 10-29-2015, 10:05 AM
TT Newbie

Juiced190 and lakedawg, thanks for the advice. I'll do it today. My brother in law, who I bought the boat from years ago, called me this weekend to tell me he thought it was a 1992 also. I'll check it today and get engine specs after a google search. Thanks so much. I was under the impression that the 91 and 92 were the same boat knowing it was the same hull but didn't realize the interior was slightly different.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 X5 "Red Five"
Georgia has a searchable boat database online which I often use to deduce the HULLID. Post it on here and you will get an instant reply... LOL!

You can also get the hull id from your registration sticker.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:47 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 190
Try this one to clarify -

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...5&postcount=32