Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,173
That's a lot of money for a Tahoe with the 6.2L. For that price you could buy a durmax diesel and put a camper top on it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:38 PM
MC25's Avatar
MC25 MC25 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 14,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
That's a lot of money for a Tahoe with the 6.2L. For that price you could buy a durmax diesel and put a camper top on it.
Iíve gotten quotes for freaking Denali HD duramaxes for
63
__________________
-Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Iíve gotten quotes for freaking Denali HD duramaxes for
63
Yeah Denali trim isn't cheap at all. My father just got a Chevy Duramax LTZ Z71 in the 50s.

When its done getting lifted ill post some pictures pulling the X23.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:52 PM
MC25's Avatar
MC25 MC25 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 14,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Yeah Denali trim isn't cheap at all. My father just got a Chevy Duramax LTZ Z71 in the 50s.

When its done getting lifted ill post some pictures pulling the X23.
yeah and id 100000x rather have the diesel. will hold its value better and tow better.
__________________
-Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
yeah and id 100000x rather have the diesel. will hold its value better and tow better.
The dealer gave the truck to him to use for a few days and we pulled the loaner center console that we have right now and it was incredible. This will be my next truck.....

With all the rebates GM is offering right now to make room for the 2019s, it was a great time and he will need when the big center console comes in November.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Reedus Reedus is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Boat: 2015 X23 7.4l
Location: Southwest
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Yeah Denali trim isn't cheap at all. My father just got a Chevy Duramax LTZ Z71 in the 50s.

When its done getting lifted ill post some pictures pulling the X23.
Apparently itís called getting ďbrodozeredĒ lol
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-11-2018, 07:01 PM
XC500mod XC500mod is online now
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
The dealer gave the truck to him to use for a few days and we pulled the loaner center console that we have right now and it was incredible. This will be my next truck.....

With all the rebates GM is offering right now to make room for the 2019s, it was a great time and he will need when the big center console comes in November.
Dave why not get the diesel?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-11-2018, 07:56 PM
wetterthebetter's Avatar
wetterthebetter wetterthebetter is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Boat: 1980,1984, Stars and stripes,1971 AquaCraft Drag boat, 1991 American Skier
Location: northern Sierras between Lake Tahoe and Sacramento
Posts: 106
Chevy vs GMC

Quote:
Chevy vs GMC? Get the Tahoe, better looking front clip. I think the GMCs front end is fugly.

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500,5.3, and I love it 145 thousand miles with no problems,
Plus, I bought it Brand new off the dealer lot for 23 thousand, O interest for 5 years, Back in 2003.

I like the GMC's front clip better than chevy's, The 03 GMC has a Happy face with that bumper.
The only about the front end that sucks is the Plastic GMC Sierra Front Bumper Cover
When I go 4X4 in the woods or in the 2 to 4 ft or more Snow the Darn Plastic bumper cover
Drags snow drifts and rocks and Burms.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-11-2018, 09:39 PM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC500mod View Post
Dave why not get the diesel?


I can't justify buying one with how little I tow my boat as it sits on a lift the majority of its life. I really only tow it when it has to go to the shop. My 1500 has the 6.2 and does great for what I need. Louisiana is a very flat state so I have zero mountains to worry about. Our mountains are overpasses and bridges lol.

On a side note, my father trades in his vehicles at 50k so I'll be getting this one when he gets rid of it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Ski-me's Avatar
Ski-me Ski-me is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Location: Rocky Mountains....Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetterthebetter View Post
Quote:
Chevy vs GMC? Get the Tahoe, better looking front clip. I think the GMCs front end is fugly.

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500,5.3, and I love it 145 thousand miles with no problems,
Plus, I bought it Brand new off the dealer lot for 23 thousand, O interest for 5 years, Back in 2003.

I like the GMC's front clip better than chevy's, The 03 GMC has a Happy face with that bumper.
The only about the front end that sucks is the Plastic GMC Sierra Front Bumper Cover
When I go 4X4 in the woods or in the 2 to 4 ft or more Snow the Darn Plastic bumper cover
Drags snow drifts and rocks and Burms.
I like the GMC front clip better, but actually like the base over the Denali. Ideally, get a Denali and buy the grill from the base model and switch it over. Kinda a stealth Denali.

My wife thought the Chevy looked like a big set of teeth braces. She didn't like it and called it disco....
__________________
- Jeff

1994 205, LT1
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.


2018