Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 07-05-2018, 09:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 08 mastercraft x-14
Exclamation 2008 X-14 upholstery cushion removal HELP

doea anyone know how to remove the rear cushion on an x-14. You can reach about 4 of the bolts from the rear storage compartment. There are 2 bolts in the rear corners of the boat that are totally inaccessible. There is definitely no room to reach from under the seats Or rear compartment. I may have to remove the side cushion. If I have to do that there will have to be an access hole other than the speaker access hole in the side to reach to the rear cushion. Anyone who has taken one of these apart or could give me any direction it would be greatly appreciated !!
Thanks
Matt
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2018, 10:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '08 X14
Following, as I would love to know this answer too! I've had every piece out of mine except for that rear pad and the one at the very tip of the bow. I could not find a way to get the last few bolts.

If I remember correctly, there is another access hole behind the side speaker holes, but it was not big or close enough to the back corners to reach the bolts at the rear corners. My guess is those were installed prior to the deck and hull going together.

Please post the answer if you figure it out.

Tags
cushion, remove, upholstery, vinyl, x14