Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 05-28-2014, 01:34 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013, Mastercraft,X10
Trailer Brakes too sensitive?

I have a 2013 X10 and I have had a problem when I pull my trailer with or with out the boat on it. When I am going down hill the brakes lock up and release and keeps gets worse unless I gas it. It gets a little harry if there is a red light or stop sign at the bottom of the hill. When the trailer is empty its even worse. I took it in to the dealer and he said it was fixed and that it had a wrong part on it but it is still doing it. Has any else had this problem?
Old 06-10-2014, 12:11 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: X-30 2012
Trailer Brakes Chattering

I have the same problem with my trailer for my 2012 X30. Only occurs with an empty trailer- severe chatter or machine gunning when braking downhill with an unloaded trailer. Accelerating is the only way to stop the cyclic braking. I now tow my unloaded trailer with the brake lock-out key in place - secured in place with a small magnet and a velco strap around the trailer. With the boat on the trailer, I take the brake key out _ No troubles with a weighted trailer. My dealer stated that they have had issues with the brakes being too sensitive. There is a insert that can be placed in the compression cylinder that has a smaller orfice - limiting braking power - but I am fine with my brake lock key.