Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-10-2017, 03:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 197 2006 MCX
Oppo Blu Ray Player - Awesome 7.1 Sound - Need MIT degree to understand Home Theater

I recently purchased a LG 65" C7P OLED Television. I'm glad I decided to splurge on an expensive Blu Ray player manufactured by Oppo, UDP-203 at $545. Recently, streaming has been the trend for obtaining HD content, but I think discs will make a come back as playing HD content from a Blu Ray player, IMO, is superior to streaming HD content, especially when playing on a 7.1 surround system. I'm using an Onkyo TX‑NR575 receiver. The TV is a smart TV so I obtain Netflix and Amazon content using these apps in the TV. I still receive Netflix Blu Ray discs by mail and am hoping Netflix will to retro and add HD discs to it mail to home delivery service. Like any technology these days, I achieve great and satisfying results, but I believe I only understand 5% of all the features. So much to learn, so little time!
Old 12-11-2017, 10:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Oppo's ROCK!.. good choice.. plays everything... even SCAD's...

I wish the audio would go to blue ray and be done with it.. that would get rid of the vinyl boom I suppose though...