Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 07-26-2018, 09:26 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetterthebetter View Post
Computer boats:
Since your post is just a crap post that addes nothing to help the OP and you’re just trolling let me say to you good sir, wakeworld is ———->

Don’t be richard!!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 07-29-2018, 09:57 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2010 X15
I would send your ecm to mefi burn and he can " bench " test it to see if it is really the problem. Ask the tech than scanned it if he saw a "rpm" signal ? If he did , the ecm might be ok. I went through this in the winter and sent the ecm out to be tested. The mefi burn guy tested my ecm and said it was good. He was right .... it ended up being a bad grounds.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:17 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
Yeah MEFIburn will have the computer tomorrow so we will see what he says. The tech who tested it wrote on the invoice "SCAN WITH DIACOM AND FOUND NO COMMUNICATION WITH ENGINE ECM
RETRIVE INDMAR ECM WIRING DIAGRAMS TO CHECK POWER /GROUNDS TO ECM-- ALL OK
CONFIRM THAT ECM IS THE ISSUE". We had checked all the grounds as well and they were all clean. The Marina we took it to was one of the few and only that work on indamar engines up here Ontario Canada. I was super unimpressed with them but they had the scan tools. They said they had never come across this issue before. I am hoping that Burn can work his magic and repair the ECM as they're so expensive to replace and theres little to nothing you can to to upgrade it or change it. You can upgrade to a MEFI4 if you want to spend the extra 400 on a plug harness or do some repining (doesn't look like a terrible job but its a bit of finicky work). That said even the MEFI 4 that Indamar has a program for (for our boat) still cost $2000 and is an out of production part just like the 3 hence the price. If I did this again I would consider tossing the current injection system and getting a new one all together. I just can't wait to get out boating again!
Old 08-02-2018, 10:25 AM
TT Newbie

Well we got the final word, bob at MEFIBurn says its completely fried... There was a wire broken on the back of our alternator we found and we figure maybe it was not regulating its voltage and blasted it with too much voltage. We're going to get the alternator checked out. Does any one here know much about the alternators on those LTRs from the 2000 era? The wire that was broken was a short blue one with a diode (i believe) on one end and it went from a pos to neg post. the little tab on the diode had fatigued and broken. But the wire was just hanging out there really thought to see that it was broken.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:37 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Napa power sports has them for a couple of hundred bucks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 11:00 AM
TT Newbie

Awesome thanks I will look Do you know if that little blue wire with the little diode on it would cause the alternator to give out unrestricted voltage?
Old 09-13-2018, 03:17 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190
Are you still looking for a MEFI 4 and wiring harness because Technical Services makes all this