Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 01-12-2018, 08:05 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: mastercraft Stars and stripes 1982 351w
1982 S&S newbie blower location and vent hose location

I have a 1982 S&S and Iím trying to figure out where to mount the blower and how your supposed to run the vent hoses? The owner before me had the blower mounted under the engine cover not hooked up with no vent house. Any help would be greatly appreciated and any pictures showing this would also help.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:18 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
The vent hose on my 81 runs from the intake vent on the bow, down into the bilge. Then another hose starts under the engine and runs to the rear entrance around the fuel tank. The blower is mounted in the rear, I think on the underside of the rear deck
Old 01-17-2018, 02:19 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1983 Starts & Stripes Powerslot, 92 Hydrodyne Comp
Yes the blower is mounted above the fuel tank under the rear deck - center . On my 83 it's under the star on the transom deck. The hose runs under the flooring to pull vapors away from the engine compartment- and the exhaust hose goes to the exhaust vent on the rear of the boat . Hope this helps
Old 04-08-2018, 06:33 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2010 X-Star
Hi, I have an 82 stars and stripes. My blower recently went out. I assume mine is back under the transom deck as well. I guess I have to pull out the back seat? Do I need to remove the center floorboard over the dive shaft?
Also, I'm looking for one new fuse port for my bilge dash switch. It was corroded and the fuse is broken off in it. It's possible to reuse if I get the fuse out but its pretty beat up now. Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 04-08-2018, 07:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth045 View Post
Hi, I have an 82 stars and stripes. My blower recently went out. I assume mine is back under the transom deck as well. I guess I have to pull out the back seat? Do I need to remove the center floorboard over the dive shaft?
Also, I'm looking for one new fuse port for my bilge dash switch. It was corroded and the fuse is broken off in it. It's possible to reuse if I get the fuse out but its pretty beat up now. Any ideas?
Thanks
Your blower is under the read deck in the transom area. Remove the rear seat (easy enough), remove the panel, and you can work there with the fuel cell in place.

If it gets cramped or other, you can rotate the fuel cell outward to make more room, leaving the fuel filler hose in place. That thing is a pain (old and hard) to remove. I typically cut them out and put in new. Saves headache and scratches on the deck.

If you swing the fuel cell, put in a new fuel level sending unit while it is out. Easy DIY.

Center floor section does not need to come out.

An easy fix....