Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Hey Doug ,was the intake manifold worth the time and money?Can you tell a difference? Thought I would ask before you got started playing with the props.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Leroy

I thought the PP would fix the throttle drift in all cases. It made mine rock solid and used to drift. Remember when I put it on many others like this.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:28 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Although getting the work done has caused me to have to readdress things like the throttle return spring and address clearance issues that I knew might creep up on the way in, I've got to say that the added mid-range torque was quite noticeable. The boat feels really beefy out of the hole. My wife even noticed without much prompting. So yes, for me, it was worth it. In fact, with my results, I don't feel the need to tinker with it any more.

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:33 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy
I thought the PP would fix the throttle drift in all cases. It made mine rock solid and used to drift. Remember when I put it on many others like this.
Yeah, but all it takes to cause the perfect pass to disengage is to move the throttle lever back. If the spring is pulling the throttle back, then past a certain point, perfect pass doesn't help.

I threw a less tense spring on there before I went on vacation and made sure it was the exact same length as what I had. Stretching it caused it not to pull when just above idle (it was longer from stretching, so there was no tension at that point). The grease ought to keep things from sticking, too. If not, I'll throw some carb cleaner in there and see if that helps and tinker with the spring some more.

My bet is that I'll run it and the throttle return issues will be solved the next time out. I may have to just manually adjust the PP servo knob after priming next time, but we shall see.

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:20 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Hello folks, this is my first post, so please excuse my inexperience. East TX Skier - you mentioned picking up a throttle linkage spring at NAPA. I broke this spring (I'm replacing the carb), and am trying to figure out if there's a model number, or just what to buy at NAPA, to replace it. Thanks for any advice you can offer.
ponymask
Old 02-20-2018, 06:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
You you should PM Mr Mastercraft.He's the man to go for carbs problems.
https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=13694