Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:09 AM
BRADP43619 BRADP43619 is online now
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Location: midwest
Posts: 32
Thumbs down So it begins Michigan

Woke up to our first falling of snow this morning! It is going to be a long winter in Detroit.
I thought It was bad having to put the car up for the winter but now having a boat makes it that much worse! Thanks for the vent I hate winter LOL
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:10 AM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 17,230
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Snowing in chicagoland too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Ben Ben is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,504
Hopefully we get a nice cold sustained winter to do the winter stuff while the boat is away.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:34 AM
tjrowbot's Avatar
tjrowbot tjrowbot is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2000 X5
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 153
Took me 4.5 hours to get the leaves off the lawn yesterday. It was the last chance before this dang snow started flying. Next chore, tune up the snowblower and get some new boots...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:53 AM
BRADP43619 BRADP43619 is online now
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Location: midwest
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrowbot View Post
Took me 4.5 hours to get the leaves off the lawn yesterday. It was the last chance before this dang snow started flying. Next chore, tune up the snowblower and get some new boots...
my trees haven't even lost all of there leaves yet so I am so screwed but I did get the snow blower out last weekend. I was hoping if I was ready it Wouldn't snow! that didn't work LOL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:54 AM
BRADP43619 BRADP43619 is online now
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Location: midwest
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Hopefully we get a nice cold sustained winter to do the winter stuff while the boat is away.
Winter stuff Like drinking LOL
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:54 AM
waterbuffalo's Avatar
waterbuffalo waterbuffalo is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Boat: 1997 basstracker, 2000 Targa 210, 2007 mastercraft CSX..
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,143
Crazy...considering that I had just cut the grass yesterday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2018, 10:53 AM
bturner2's Avatar
bturner2 bturner2 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 3,885
This year's early winter weather caught me as well. While I was able to switch out all the floor mats to the WeatherTech's I still haven't completed the fall maintenance on the lawn tractor (because I was still using it up until Monday), put the snow tires on the the car or did the fall window washing.Looks like a couple of those items will get pushed to spring.

I'll wait until it dry's up again, then get the tires swapped out. Wasn't the weather server predicting a warmer, milder winter this year???
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2018, 11:05 AM
BRADP43619 BRADP43619 is online now
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Location: midwest
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
This year's early winter weather caught me as well. While I was able to switch out all the floor mats to the WeatherTech's I still haven't completed the fall maintenance on the lawn tractor (because I was still using it up until Monday), put the snow tires on the the car or did the fall window washing.Looks like a couple of those items will get pushed to spring.

I'll wait until it dry's up again, then get the tires swapped out. Wasn't the weather server predicting a warmer, milder winter this year???
RIGHT! I had herd mild winter not 3 inches before Thanksgiving!

My problem now is all the home projects I put off till winter guess its winter and I need to start them
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Maristar210's Avatar
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: paddle
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,670
My yard guy showed up yesterday here in Grand Rapids Michigan which was great timing considering this white **** on the ground today.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 PM.


2018