Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2018, 08:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC X30 2008
Ordering Gator Step today. Decided to just get everything instead of piecing it out over time. I'll have to figure out how to clean off the swim platform while it's on the lift. The DNR will have a fit if they see me with chemicals on the boat though. I don't have access to the boat while in storage. Well, I do actually but too far away.

The one thing I liked about Gator is they use larger pieces, so less gaps
Old 04-16-2018, 09:37 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 SV244 w/ ZR409
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal2vin View Post
Put in an order with aquamarine deck today for full kit 2013 x25. In grey over black diamond pattern. They did say they are 4 weeks out at this point though. They must be getting busier as a company. I saw a post from around this time last year talking about days wait time. Seems like a great product though. Good communication.

Attachment 174261

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered from them about 2 weeks ago and they told me 4 weeks from the day they get the deposit too. They are definately getting busier
Old 04-16-2018, 09:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 SV244 w/ ZR409
I have Decadence in main cabin tho and prefer it due to ease of cleaning it. Decking on swim step, sundeck walk-thru, gunnels, bow and built-in cooler cover. I am also putting decking at bottom of my cup holders since the thin crap that comes from factory does not last long.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 LT-1
How does seadek do with things like dog paws and ski/wakeboard fins? Is it easy to mess it up?

Has anyone done an inboard with Decadence?
Old 04-17-2018, 05:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 X10
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
Just got my Deckadence for the X10 from Jim's Marine flooring. He's a super guy to work with, very responsive, and quite efficient with your time. Really love the way the mat feels on my feet, ecstatic that it doesn't hold any water, and very pleased that I'm not dealing with glue now, and/or removal later. To each their own, but this was best for my preferences and needs.

Btw, it's dramatically cheaper to order this product from Jim than it is through a dealer. It only took about 15 minutes to make the template from the existing carpet, and Jim had the final product to me within six days. Finally, it took longer to get the product out of the box than it did to install. Perfect.

Pictures make every thread better...

Last edited by FoggyNogginz; 04-17-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:46 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X30 2006 MXC
Installed Gator Step the other weekend. They have a template for the 2006 X30. From order date to install was less than a week. Very pleased with it.
Attached Images

Last edited by leostern; 04-18-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1958 DIY wood ski boat, 2008 X2
How do the adhesive mats work with the molded in tread on the decking? I'm envisioning water being able to seep under the mat through some micro valleys and becoming a disaster long term?
Old 04-18-2018, 12:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC X30 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by leostern View Post
Installed Gator Step the other weekend. They have a template for the 2006 X30. From order date to install was less than a week. Very please with it.
There is NO way you got it that quickly! I'm waiting for an invoice from Gator so i can order mine today. They told me about 4 weeks, which is fine. I'm getting exactly what you ordered for my 08 x30 - same template they said. Did you get the swim platform and transom walk through as well? I wasn't going to but they gave me such a great deal that I'm getting everything.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 XT23 just traded the 2004 XSTAR, first was a prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman View Post
How do the adhesive mats work with the molded in tread on the decking? I'm envisioning water being able to seep under the mat through some micro valleys and becoming a disaster long term?
^^^^*this
Old 04-18-2018, 03:42 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X30 2006 MXC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
There is NO way you got it that quickly! I'm waiting for an invoice from Gator so i can order mine today. They told me about 4 weeks, which is fine. I'm getting exactly what you ordered for my 08 x30 - same template they said. Did you get the swim platform and transom walk through as well? I wasn't going to but they gave me such a great deal that I'm getting everything.
Are you calling BS on my story? I've attached the proof with a pic of the invoice, and the delivery confirmation from UPS. I ordered it on 2/12 and it showed up at the house on 2/20. So technically it was just over a week, but I'm in sales and exaggerate everything. Not sure why it was so fast, but I was surprised too! Good company, great product, you'll love it!
Attached Images