Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2014, 12:34 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 89 tristar 190
There really isn't anything Max leaves out of the tour. It's not a behind the lines type situation. You walk right through both production buildings and can touch the boats and or parts right as they are using them or what not. As far as surroundings, it's in a rural area. Good restaurants are either going to be in maryville or Knoxville.

1989 tristar 190
Old 09-15-2014, 12:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Great looking boat! Glad you have a standup dealer!

While vacationing in Gatlinburg, the girls went shopping and the boys played with boats one day!
Malibu and Bayliner plants are within minutes of MasterCraft. If you have time, line up tours there too (btw, Malibu treated us the best of the 3 tours). Malibu will be similar in their hand laid boats while Bayliner will give you an idea of how the bigger production lines run. If you have room in your luggage, OJ props are right next to MC, call Eric and get any dinged props fixed
Old 09-15-2014, 08:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 MC 205
I would suggest Dead End BBQ in Knoxville for quality BBQ from a local guy or Calhoun's BBQ on the River in Knoxville for good Q right on the water just down from UT football stadium.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X30
I also agree with service and overall experience with MMS in Saskatoon. Good guys who are really genuine.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:27 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Outback DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnpruf View Post
I'm sorry to hear that AlbertaSurfer. All I can say, as a business owner myself, unfortunately staff (possibly the "guy" on the counter or ...) may take the easy road and not deliver. That falls on us owners to train those interacting with the customer to deliver and live up to a culture of high customer service. I would be surprised if it was Ave or Mar there that you dealt with that they would treat you as you experienced. I have received enough bad service in general (not related to boat industry), and have had to complain or simply accept it too. That's why I felt I should share the good experience. Too bad your situation occurred and I hope you ended up getting your parts...
It's not that my "situation occurred", it's that it happens every time I attempt to get parts for my '99 there. They don't know what a MDC is, they don't know what raw water pump fits the LTR, thy took 2 months to get platform brackets that would "arrive in the next 5-7 days", due to forgetting to add them to the order over and over again. I've literally had one of the parts guys log into the Indmar website and have me come behind the counter and show him that there was a raw water pump bracket specific to my boat.

Spend over $100k, I'm sure MMS are champs, showering the buyer with BBQ sets, t-shirts and factory tours. Try and buy $300 parts, they make you feel like you're wasting their time.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Tige RZ2, previously 99 MC205
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
It's not that my "situation occurred", it's that it happens every time I attempt to get parts for my '99 there. They don't know what a MDC is, they don't know what raw water pump fits the LTR, thy took 2 months to get platform brackets that would "arrive in the next 5-7 days", due to forgetting to add them to the order over and over again. I've literally had one of the parts guys log into the Indmar website and have me come behind the counter and show him that there was a raw water pump bracket specific to my boat.

Spend over $100k, I'm sure MMS are champs, showering the buyer with BBQ sets, t-shirts and factory tours. Try and buy $300 parts, they make you feel like you're wasting their time.
I had similar dealings with MMS when i had my 205. I dealt with Saskatoon, Edmonton and Calgary and they all acted as if they didnt care about my business.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:38 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X30 6.0
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
Spend over $100k, I'm sure MMS are champs, showering the buyer with BBQ sets, t-shirts and factory tours.
I didn't get any of this!

Tags
factory tour, good service, martin motorsports, x30