Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 05-09-2018, 02:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '04 X9
awesome, thanks!

im going to reach out to wakemakers and see if i can get some bigger stuff made for the stock locations to start with, then it would probably be good to get one or two loose bags like your shot

also i verified the prop currently on there - its an OJ 418 12.5x12
based on the 2004 owners manual this doesnt seem to be the factory prop... (which is listed as 13x14 if i remember right)

i need to call up acme and oj and see whats recommended but the couple threads i found for 209/x9 props both recommended either an acme 451 or 475 as a big upgrade to the factory 4 blade.
will probably do that at the same time as the bigger ballast, since everything with the engine seems to check out, the lazier hole shot compared to our old PS190 ill attribute to the less optimal prop for now...
Old 05-16-2018, 12:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

got some prop recommendations from ACME - i think we'll likely go with the 1573 (splined version of the 475) in a few weeks

got a better pic of the new decals as well, and you can see the nice corner gel issue on the back hah

Old 05-16-2018, 03:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
209s are sexy beasts!
Old 06-25-2018, 09:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

been a busy couple of months!

had a rear trailer wheel bearing go out. after a lot of searching around on here i found the Reliable (hah!) hardware manual and tracked down the right bearing and seal p/ns at Napa. theyre pretty standard parts, and they had a ton in stock at my local small town store.

here they are in case anyone runs across this:

Inner Bearing - L68149
Inner Bearing Race - L68111
Outer Bearing - L44649
Outer Bearing Race - L44610
Seal - NOS17144 or 473336

~$40 worth of parts per wheel.
this is a dual axle X9 trailer, but its possible the single axle stuff is the same/similar.

reassembling everything i sealed the front sightglass inner edge with RightStuff, along with the seal press in seat, and a light application along the outside of the press in aluminum cover and the drain screw. doesnt appear to leak anymore! hah
also the reliable manual states these should only be filled to around 1/2-3/4 full

i did these 2 days before a 300 mi tow, and they held up great
im thinking i may redo the other 3 at the end of the season but changed the oil in all of them just in case...

WakeMakers hooked it up with a huge ballast upgrade (~1400lb total!) so we had to get a new prop as well. got to run around with that setup over the weekend and am really pleased with the hole shot over the factory prop.
original was an OJ 418, after reading some threads on here and emailing with both Acme and OJ i ended up ordering an Acme 1573 based on the ballast weight.
that has the same specs as the Acme 475 that gets talked about in some older threads here, but is the splined version.

excuse the nasty hull - its on my list to clean and redo the bunks at the end of the season!

mooring for the weekend we realized life would be a bit easier with some cleats near the back, so thats on the todo list. not sure ill have the heart to drill it myself haha but well see!

and one last one of the incredible views from this weekend
havent done any boating in eastern oregon before, and wow...

so far its been a great start to the season!

i need to get some more pictures and videos off the gopro to show the surf wake, but can confirm that with a nauticurl and the wakemakers ballast the wave is definitely surfable!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:55 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 04 X9
I need to get rid of my boat buddy, what size bow stop roller did you get?

Awesome thread btw, I bought an 04 X9 Last year. D
Old 07-08-2018, 10:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 X10
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
Love the 209. Congratulations on the sweet ride!
Old 07-09-2018, 02:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

thanks guys
missing a bit of the ski wake of the 190, but really cant complain! haha

the boat buddy was nonsense on this trailer, it didnt even come close to clicking in and the angle was all wrong.
i got the 3" one off amazon

i noticed last weekend that it seems our brake master cylinder has thrown in the towel.
fitting a UFP replacement actuator and swingaway is on my todo list for the winter now, and looking back at old threads it seems thats a common issue with the "reliable" stuff on this era of trailers.
will probably be time for a full brake overhaul at that point.

we did a bit of surfing this past weekend with the full wakemakers plug and play setup. was a ton of fun, and with some practice the wake is big enough to drop the rope.
i need to get all the various pictures together from last week and post those
Old 08-08-2018, 03:28 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X9 2002 LTR 330
Nice work! I just bought on 2002 X9 last month. Love it so far being my first Mastercraft. Just got in a new Fat Sac 1200+ lbs rear bench seat. Going to try it out this weekend. Now I'm looking to replace the center locker bag. Also got a new OJ 13 x 11 prop. Really seems to make a difference over the stock one. I'm thinking of taking off the X9 graphics on the sides and just leaving it without any. And yes I have a Boat Buddy on my trailer too. Must've been a factory thing.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2018, 07:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Boat Buddy's were standard on all MasterCraft trailer of that era.

If you have Reliable trailer components keep a good eye on the calipers as there was a recall on them for sticking/dragging. When you have one start acting up it'll cook all the oil out of the axle and sometimes the cap will fall off as well.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:43 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X9 2002 LTR 330
Good to know about the recall. As you can see in my picture above towards the back I have some fading. Is this just the gel coat being worn away or something else? Can it be fixed easily?