Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-19-2018, 06:35 AM
Covi's Avatar
Covi Covi is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Boat: 2008, PS 197, LY6
Location: Northeast / Vermont
Posts: 2,484
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Argh!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Nope....still making it feel like a 2001 hull on the inside.
__________________
86' 19 Skier, 351 PCM (sold)
2008 197 ProStar, LY6
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-19-2018, 07:06 AM
bturner2's Avatar
bturner2 bturner2 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 3,747
Classic example of taking a good thing to the point of making it a bad thing.

"Hey this Seadeck material is great for more than platforms, let's us it for the flooring as well."

"Hey this Seadeck material is great for flooring let's stick it on the combing pads, dash, back of seats or anywhere else it'll stick."

Sorry but once you get to a certain point any material gets overwhelming, they've certainly reached that point here. It's a great boat just too much of a good thing IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-19-2018, 09:27 AM
jsturvey's Avatar
jsturvey jsturvey is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Location: South Central Texas
Posts: 747
Don't mind the colors. The boat is just flat out ugly.
__________________
Joe

1998 MariStar 225VRS, 350ci LT1

Authorized Dealer for
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Shaun R's Avatar
Shaun R Shaun R is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Boat: 2011 X25
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,686
The only way to make that boat look good is to launch it with the drain plug still in your pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-19-2018, 10:56 AM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 7,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Classic example of taking a good thing to the point of making it a bad thing.

"Hey this Seadeck material is great for more than platforms, let's us it for the flooring as well."

"Hey this Seadeck material is great for flooring let's stick it on the combing pads, dash, back of seats or anywhere else it'll stick."

Sorry but once you get to a certain point any material gets overwhelming, they've certainly reached that point here. It's a great boat just too much of a good thing IMO.
bu did the same thing with the response as well. Sea Deck all over the place, but not quite as much as Nautique. Looks terrible.
__________________
2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT
"When the government lies, the truth becomes a traitor."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-19-2018, 11:01 AM
Jorski Jorski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1993 190 with LT1
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,477
Ugly ugly boat. When I first saw the new Prostar I wasn't immediately enamoured, but it grew on me and now I really like the way it looks. Can't see that happening with the new nautique.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-19-2018, 12:30 PM
Shaun R's Avatar
Shaun R Shaun R is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Boat: 2011 X25
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorski View Post
Ugly ugly boat. When I first saw the new Prostar I wasn't immediately enamoured, but it grew on me and now I really like the way it looks. Can't see that happening with the new nautique.
Agreed. Prostar has the look that makes me want to grab a slalom ski and give it a try. This thing makes we want to grab a surf board.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-19-2018, 12:46 PM
slalomjunkie slalomjunkie is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Boat: NA
Location: West
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun R View Post
Agreed. Prostar has the look that makes me want to grab a slalom ski and give it a try. This thing makes we want to grab a surf board.
Unfortunately, there's no comparison between the 2
__________________
The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-19-2018, 12:50 PM
helton333's Avatar
helton333 helton333 is online now
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 633
If the Empire launched a water invasion against the Rebel Alliance on some far away planet, they would be in that boat. So stoic.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Tony Webb's Avatar
Tony Webb Tony Webb is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2013
Boat: 2018 Prostar
Location: Australia
Posts: 392
Send a message via AIM to Tony Webb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covi View Post
It’s definitely busy on the inside with all the seadeck. I like the blue on the interior. The deck looks like it may have some cool lines. I can’t really tell but, did they finally take the opportunity to get rid of those stupid side trunks? They take up so much interior space.
Plus 1 here....The biggest thing I do not like about the boat are the side trunks, I don't really care how many skis they fit.....I like the rest minus a bit of sea deck

Plus that grey reminds me of undercoat paint

The main reason I sold my X7 and got a new Prostar was the interior space..
__________________
2012 X7 Sold
2012 VTX Sold
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 PM.


2018