Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-04-2015, 06:28 AM

Boat: No Boat
Jim, what are your thoughts on this camera?

https://www.surveillance-video.com/c...-mv421db.html/

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 11-04-2015, 07:58 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post

I would say this isn't an authorized dealer and Digital Watchdog doesn't honor the warranty when their products are sold this way. At this point, so many people know someone who can buy directly from another country that once again, gray market goods are flooding into the country because "It's all about price, baby!". My dealer cost is higher than that site shows this camera.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I would say this isn't an authorized dealer and Digital Watchdog doesn't honor the warranty when their products are sold this way. At this point, so many people know someone who can buy directly from another country that once again, gray market goods are flooding into the country because "It's all about price, baby!". My dealer cost is higher than that site shows this camera.
So, what do you think about the camera?

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 11-04-2015, 09:37 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
So, what do you think about the camera?
I like their equipment, although I haven't used their IP models.

How many cameras will you need, how much storage and what lighting conditions exist? Is this for a particularly sensitive application where high res is needed and is the budget fairly large?

If you already have a camera/DVR system and are trying to upgrade without spending a large amount, look into the AHD models- they're now doing HD resolution over coax. Digital Watchdog has these, too.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:38 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Tim, I'm a little late to the game but this is the unit I bought off of Amazon for $329

Amcrest 720P Tribrid HDCVI 4CH 1TB DVR Security Camera System w/ 2 x 1MP Bullet Cameras & 2 x 1MP Dome Cameras (White)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o05_s00

I saw some video on YouTube showing the difference between the 720P vs. 960H, and I found the 720P to be a higher quality resolution picture. From my research, most systems at this price range are hit and miss....but I went for it and took a chance.

I did get a 4 camera system, but it probably would have been better to get the 8 camera system. I just found that I could of placed cameras in a few other places. I did my best with the 4 I had.

I also barely got camera's installed before having to leave, so I don't have it yet hooked up to the internet. I am suppose to be able to see it remotely either on phone or laptop. I'll get that up and running over Christmas.

Here is a pic of the 4 camera's I installed.
Attached Images

1994 205, LT1
Old 11-04-2015, 10:19 AM

I already have a DVR, a dahue system DVR-LT8240MHD and a power supply I ordered a while back and post about in this thread.

I'm just looking for a couple of better cameras to add, update the system and get rid of any older IR cams I have now.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
I already have a DVR, a dahue system DVR-LT8240MHD and a power supply I ordered a while back and post about in this thread.

I'm just looking for a couple of better cameras to add, update the system and get rid of any older IR cams I have now.
Got it. Yea, I was late to the game and didn't read the whole tread.

1994 205, LT1
Old 11-04-2015, 11:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft X-Star
Quote:

I've purchased a lot of camera equipment from Surveillance Video over the years and have no complaints. They seem like a reputable company and have been around since 1971 I believe. Their Customer Service has been very good and stuff usually arrives the next day with standard shipping. Give them a call vs. just ordering online and see what you think after talking to them.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:24 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
I have a Lorex Costco Special. It's been good for about 3 years, plus it only has a $500 price tag.

When/if we ever redo our house, I will get a 1080p Power over ethernet set-up with a PTZ camera.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I have a Lorex Costco Special. It's been good for about 3 years, plus it only has a $500 price tag.

When/if we ever redo our house, I will get a 1080p Power over ethernet set-up with a PTZ camera.
Yeah some point, I want to add an auto tracking PTZ in the backyard covering the shop and boat port. I want to mount it high up on our chimney so it can track like 270 degrees. Would be sweet if it had auto zoom on it to.