Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-07-2017, 10:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
I wished I lived someplace I could ride "out back". I'd have a trials bike in the line up.
That's the great thing about a trials bike. One bike I test rode was in a neighborhood. He had a few obstacles built, cross ties, and logs in his back yard. You can play for hours on simple stuff like that!

But yes, I am fortunate to have a great place to ride around home!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2017, 08:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Well, just sold my 2011 Heritage Classic. I have not been using the street bikes since I started with the dirt bikes. So doesn't make sense to pay insurance, property tax, dmv fees, etc on something that sits.

I haven't made up my mind about the V-Rod. It has sentimental value. However, I'm ready to let go of it too at this point. I may keep it in the hopes of passing it down but it's a 2003 and who know how long it will stay viable to operate. Could be a lot of years or could be just a couple more.

Going to be nice to have that little extra room in the garage to work on the dirt bikes. The 450R is out of action right now in the middle of replacing the clutch plates and the center hub.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
---
My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie

Last edited by GoneBoatN; 10-13-2017 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
Quote:
Well, just sold my 2011 Heritage Classic. I have not been using the street bikes since I started with the dirt bikes. So doesn't make sense to pay insurance, property tax, dmv fees, etc on something that sits.

I haven't made up my mind about the V-Rod. It has sentimental value. However, I'm ready to let go of it too at this point. I may keep it in the hopes of passing it down but it's a 2003 and who know how long it will stay viable to operate. Could be a lot of years or could be just a couple more.

Going to be nice to have that little extra room in the garage to work on the dirt bikes. The 450R is out of action right now in the middle of replacing the clutch plates and the center hub.
Time to buy a trials bike!

Old 10-17-2017, 08:20 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2008, PS 197, LY6
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Just back from Moab, Utah. Great experience!
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2017, 10:21 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco_06 View Post
Time to buy a trials bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covi View Post
And then Covi posts his post and makes me drool! Moab. Another place I have to get to so bad. And on a dirt bike would be awesome. I'd say backpack but just looking at Moab say dirt bike is better! Jelly here!

Maybe a dual sport - seems awful convenient if I move to the right spot for retirement. A lot take the 250R and make a woods/trails bike. My 2015 would need to ditch the air forks for springs. This coming from a guy who claims to always want to do track and pretends he's not planning for it. I know trail will be for me sooner or later. As long as I can keep picking a bike up off the ground, I will ride dirt. Just me at this point in my life.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
---
---
It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie
Old 10-18-2017, 08:21 AM
MC Maniac

haha, Yes its truly amazing. the scenery is like nothing else. Sometimes I thought I was on the moon.

chicken corners
kokopelli
top of the world
fins and things
Canyonlands NP
Rose Garden

were some of the trails I rode.

The jeep and UTV seen is by far out weighing any other vehicle. I think I saw 3 total four wheelers. 5 or so trials bikes. and a mess of enduros. of course Mtn bikes but they were not on the trails that I rode. mostly saw them around town.

wildlife seen = moose, elk, deer, fox, skunk, ram, bald eagle, squirrel, magpie.

I had this on my bucket list for a long time super stoked that I can cross it off.

Quote:
And then Covi posts his post and makes me drool! Moab. Another place I have to get to so bad. And on a dirt bike would be awesome. I'd say backpack but just looking at Moab say dirt bike is better! Jelly here!

Maybe a dual sport - seems awful convenient if I move to the right spot for retirement. A lot take the 250R and make a woods/trails bike. My 2015 would need to ditch the air forks for springs. This coming from a guy who claims to always want to do track and pretends he's not planning for it. I know trail will be for me sooner or later. As long as I can keep picking a bike up off the ground, I will ride dirt. Just me at this point in my life.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:19 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
thanks for the list of trails this is on my list for next year with my new to me Jayco Octane to get out there and stay out there!
Old 10-18-2017, 11:19 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Wow. I've never owned a dirt bike before, but this makes me want one!

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 10-18-2017, 11:27 AM
MC Maniac

The camper / RV scene is insane. The amount of tricked out Mercedes sprinter vans was crazy. Not to mention toyhaulers, fifth wheels, etc. I actually tent camped. I would not recommend it if you plan on recreating. A nice bed with running water would have been nice. The accomadations at the local rec. center were great. $5 bought me shower, gym, pool, and flushing toilets each day. My campsite looked over the famous slick rock trails. Weekends were very busy. Weekdays were very manageable. Temps this time of year = 70-80 day 35-45 night. Not a cloud seen the entire time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
thanks for the list of trails this is on my list for next year with my new to me Jayco Octane to get out there and stay out there!
Old 10-20-2017, 11:21 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
The camper / RV scene is insane. The amount of tricked out Mercedes sprinter vans was crazy. Not to mention toyhaulers, fifth wheels, etc. I actually tent camped. I would not recommend it if you plan on recreating. A nice bed with running water would have been nice. The accomadations at the local rec. center were great. $5 bought me shower, gym, pool, and flushing toilets each day. My campsite looked over the famous slick rock trails. Weekends were very busy. Weekdays were very manageable. Temps this time of year = 70-80 day 35-45 night. Not a cloud seen the entire time.
Hum, I need to dump some vacation. Great time of year to go there.

Thanks!
---
---