Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 10-28-2018, 10:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
2007 X2 Setup

I am a little late to the party but I want to share what I did for my setup. I kept the Clarion cmd-4 headunit and added a wetsounds eq/PA mounted in the lower left side of the dash. I got rid of the 6 channel amp and replaced it with 2 MHD600 amps and 1 MHd750. The 1st MHD 600 power 4 tower speakers with Bullet hollowpoints in the factory cans. I can say they are very very loud. I added 2 7.7 inch jl audio speakers in the back of the boat underneath the rear seats facing forward. I also added 2 more 7.7 inch speakers one to the rt of the drivers seat and one exactly to the left below the passenger seat. That is 8 total cockpit speakers + 6 tweeters. Those are wired in parallel off of the 2nd MHD600. The MHD600 is too powerful for those speakers running one per channel. The speakers would get damaged where they would sound distorted at low volumes. The mid bass from that alone in damn good. The MHD750 powers the stock free air sub and don't laugh an 8 inch bazooka tube in the SKI locker. This setup works very well and is loud even at slalom speeds in the boat. I also added a 14 farad capacitor to keep voltages clean. I pretty much use a small bluetooth adapter directly into the wetsounds for the audio. I found a color experiment which I am very happy with using a apple airport express in the boat for wifi(No INTERNET), just for airplay. Airplay has a great range on the water, so good I can use my apple watch to control everything from behind the boat, either surfing or even Airchairing, I am 100 feet behind the boat when I do so. Not everybody's cup of tea, but cool nonetheless.