Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-28-2018, 11:40 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Political Boaters?

I was reading a WakeSurf post on Instagram last night and noticed an Anti WakeBoat Troll commenting on it.
Well, maybe he/she was not really a "Troll" given the screen name was "Riverwreckers"

Some followers took the bait and the typical back and forth went on...

I could Smell the inevitable coming.....a Political poke, "riverwrecker" was suggesting that WakeBoaters were "SnowFlakes" ie "Liberal/Democrat/left leaning" ...

Now,....I am a liberal, but most of my Boating friends online and on the water are either Conservative or at least a Mix. So , I leave all the crap at the "Dock". (home)...
Who cares right? We like Boats and Boating!

Well this guy "RiverWrecker" called the wrong person a "SnowFlake" ... and what seamed like a "I am More Conservative than You" rant went on.... "I drive a big Diesel this..." and "...I stand for the anthem" "...I shoot Guns" type of thing.

These 2 guys would be basically Best friends off the water... lol

My point is... the past few years, combined with social media hacks, have made us so divided.

While Riverwreckers root message is fare.. "Wake Boats need to be considerate of their wakes"

His message is lost on many as it turned Political. ... He ended up in an argument with what would otherwise be an Ally?

I'm not so sure we will ever return to a land without sharp divide.

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 09-28-2018, 11:44 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
We are much too far gone.... I have grown to hate politics and would almost rather be a blind sheep.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 09-28-2018, 12:22 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2008 X14, w/ LY6 400HP w/ 1.22 Ratio Tran
I dont mix boating with politics at all. And when a wake rant shows up on MasterCraft Boat Owners Facebook page, I shut it down immediately as nothing good will come from it.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-28-2018, 12:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X1
With Larry on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
So , I leave all the crap at the "Dock". (home)...
I bet Larry and I disagree about a lot BUT I bet we could enjoy a beer and talk boats and trucks and guns and politics like grown-ups - even when we disagree.

I think that's what this forum should be like.

My 2 cents.

Hey it's Friday guys!

Cheers, Steve.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2008, PS 197, LY6
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Good pick up. I like and agree with your take. Aric is also part right I feel we maybe to far gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
I was reading a WakeSurf post on Instagram last night and noticed an Anti WakeBoat Troll commenting on it.
Well, maybe he/she was not really a "Troll" given the screen name was "Riverwreckers"

Some followers took the bait and the typical back and forth went on...

I could Smell the inevitable coming.....a Political poke, "riverwrecker" was suggesting that WakeBoaters were "SnowFlakes" ie "Liberal/Democrat/left leaning" ...

Now,....I am a liberal, but most of my Boating friends online and on the water are either Conservative or at least a Mix. So , I leave all the crap at the "Dock". (home)...

Well this guy "RiverWrecker" called the wrong person a "SnowFlake" ... and what seamed like a "I am More Conservative than You" rant went on.... "I drive a big Diesel this..." and "...I stand for the anthem" "...I shoot Guns" type of thing.

These 2 guys would be basically Best friends off the water... lol

My point is... the past few years, combined with social media hacks, have made us so divided.

While Riverwreckers root message is fare.. "Wake Boats need to be considerate of their wakes"

His message is lost on many as it turned Political. ... He ended up in an argument with what would otherwise be an Ally?

I'm not so sure we will ever return to a land without sharp divide.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 NXT22 Prior 2002 Maristar 230 VRS
I personally lean toward selfish. I don't want to mess with your stuff and I don't want you to mess with mine. Social media does not reflect what the majority of us are - respectful and reasonable. If most of us are really like those on social media, our lifespans will exponentially decrease because of the added stress of giving too much of a sh!t about what other people think.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X-Star
In the grand scheme of things we are much closer together than we are apart.

I don't hear too many (reasonable) debates where conservatives want to legalize personal ownership of hyrdogen bombs because of our right to bear arms, I don't hear too many liberals that want to outlaw hand guns...most of the debate centers around "assault rifles" and high capacity magazines.

On the whole spectrum of what could be legal, the line that divides left from right is a microshift. a fraction of a fraction of a change. Just because you think that moving that line slightly left or slightly right is what is "best" ....does not make you a bad person...and more importantly... doesn't make you right or wrong.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Johnson View Post
I personally lean toward selfish. I don't want to mess with your stuff and I don't want you to mess with mine. Social media does not reflect what the majority of us are - respectful and reasonable. If most of us are really like those on social media, our lifespans will exponentially decrease because of the added stress of giving too much of a sh!t about what other people think.
Amen!
Old 09-28-2018, 12:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
I used to like watching the news in the morning and evenings. I have since stopped watching all news.

I wish people would go back to agreeing to disagree and move on. Yet now, if you don't agree with someone you are chastised.

I don't care what party you associate with, just be a good person and a contributing member of society. God made everyone different for a reason and we have to learn to work with each other.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:33 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
I used to like watching the news in the morning and evenings. I have since stopped watching all news.

I wish people would go back to agreeing to disagree and move on. Yet now, if you don't agree with someone you are chastised.

I don't care what party you associate with, just be a good person and a contributing member of society. God made everyone different for a reason and we have to learn to work with each other.
This exactly.

I donít give two ****s about politics. As Aric called it Iím a blind sheep. Just be good people and go on with life. Politics will be the demise of our era.