Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2017, 06:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 X10
Sorry.... then that answers that :-(
Old 03-06-2017, 06:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X-Star 2009 X-Star (SOLD) 2003 X2 (SOLD)
I wouldn't recommend attaching to questionable docks.
Sun stream would be best but $$$$. I do remember seeing one that essentially is big bags that you fill with air. Also, the drive on docks do say they car be used for inboards but don't know if a boat as big as an xstar would work.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:39 PM
MC Devotee

Lift help!!??

Jet dock has an air assisted floating lift for up to 22 ft inboards. I think they're fairly expensive
http://www.jetdock.com/boat-lifts/air-assisted.asp
Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 PM
MC Devotee

Air dock I think is the other, but may be out of business their website isn't working. I don't think we I'd trust it for long term.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
Air dock...looks like their web site is back up. I have had a couple challenges over the years, but it has been a very cost effective solution for us. Do you have power available on your dock? If not, you would need an inverter to run the blower.

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!
Old 03-06-2017, 09:58 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
Aric,
With how deep the keel is on the xstar, and the 3 tracking fins I'm really not sure that the air dock is an option for me.

Club is on a river, slips vary from probably 6 to 14 feet deep
Looks like they account for that, may be worth a shot!
http://www.airdock.com/how-it-works/...rives-inboards

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 03-06-2017, 10:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Don't mean to thread jack, but I might be faced with the need to install an air assisted hoist in the near future, so I also have a few questions. The trailer for my Maristar 200VRS has 4 bunks so will the lift need to have 4 bunks to properly support the hull, and will I have to make my own bunks to fit my hull? My neighbor has his Prostar on an older Hydrohoist and the boat sits level front to back. I put my Maristar (2700 lbs) on his lift one time and it didn't sit level since the engine is in the back. Does it take a larger capacity lift to keep a V-drive level or are the bunks set different?
Old 03-07-2017, 12:09 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhudgins View Post
Don't mean to thread jack, but I might be faced with the need to install an air assisted hoist in the near future, so I also have a few questions. The trailer for my Maristar 200VRS has 4 bunks so will the lift need to have 4 bunks to properly support the hull, and will I have to make my own bunks to fit my hull? My neighbor has his Prostar on an older Hydrohoist and the boat sits level front to back. I put my Maristar (2700 lbs) on his lift one time and it didn't sit level since the engine is in the back. Does it take a larger capacity lift to keep a V-drive level or are the bunks set different?
My X-25 trailer has 4 bunks in the rear (2 shorter and 2 long) and 2 in the front, if I remember correctly. Our Hydrohoist has 2 long bunks - set wider in the rear to not cross over the chines on the hull. I do have my lift sized in accordance with the X-25 (6000 lb lift). I don't believe I'd sit correctly on something designed to fit a ProStar either. Your lift would be sized for the wet weight of your boat (fuel, gear, passengers who might be on the boat when it's lifted or whatever). They typically only have two bunks. If sized correctly and the rear is low, I'd say the lift is not set up correctly. Ours sits perfect. I'm assuming your friend's lift may be too small for your boat and definitely wouldn't be set up the same for you as a ProStar.

2013 X-25
Old 03-07-2017, 08:16 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 X10
So.... I hate to be a stickler... but won't you have to bolt the air dock and the and associated pump to the dock as well? If they will allow that, why not a lift?
Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '07 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
some good info I found when I was looking for the "airdock" company. doesnt look like they exist anymore? link doesnt work on my work computer...http://www.airdock.com/

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=64511
I have and use an airdock lift for my 07 X2 and love it. Inexpensive and I've had good response from them when I have had questions. It came with the house/dock when I purchased and it works great. I have fluctuating water levels on the shallow side and it works longer than any other kind of lift I could try.

I think they are $2k-$3k depending on model etc. but I would recommend and I think they are still in business, haven't talked to them in a while though.

Tags
lift, sunstream