Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X80
New X80 Owner - Many questions!

Guys, the wife and I finally got the X80 home. Although the season is over, we are very excited. However, we have been playing around with the boat and have several questions. The owner's manual is totally non-descript and the PO knows less than we do. So anyways, let's dive in:
  1. Batteries / Switches / Breaker?

See attached photo of battery switches. I have 4, plus a circuit breaker. Is this all factory? The owner's manual leads me to believe I should only have 3. I played around with them yesterday and came to the following conclusions. The top middle (in the photo) is for the starboard engine. Top right is for port engine. Bottom row is to combine starboard and port. But what does that top left one do?

Speaking of that, how many batts came on X80's? I have three - one on the starboard side in a box, two on the port side. One is in a box, and one isn't. I'm guessing the one that isn't in a box was added? Perhaps the 4th mystery battery switch is for that? Anybody know?

Lastly, what's the circuit breaker for? It appears to be a 40A. Is that stock? Or did it get added? Any ideas?

2. Drain Plugs?

How many drain plugs? All my research up to this indicated that this boat only had the one single center drain plug. However, I think I have 3. Again, see attached photo, right next to the exhaust tips. It looks like I have 2 more plugs on the transom. This is a true Saltwater Series boat - were the add'l plugs standard on SWS boats?

It's not a big deal, but I am curious.

3. Washdown system?

Where do they put the tanks, nozzle, fill neck, etc for the washdown system? We have a switch on the dash for a washdown system, so we're curious if we have the washdown. We can only see one fresh tank under the sink and it's very small. I thought the washdown system came with a much bigger tank. So, if this thing does have the washdown system, where should I be looking?

4. Flush system?

How does the flush system work? I have the two hose connections on the transom and can see the Perko flush pros down in the engine compartment. Do I just hook up a garden hose and go? What about if I want to blow out with air?

I ask because last night when I went to blow out with air, I got ZERO flow. I am concerned that maybe the flush line had already froze. Possible? We got home very late so we let it sit out overnight and it was below freezing.

Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong and there's not a valve somewhere.

5. Seat heater?

Our boat has the seat heater option (or at least the switch for it). How long does it take to heat up? Does the ignition(s) just need to be on in order for it to work?

We are asking because the wife turned it on yesterday and after 10 mins or so, it still was as cold as when we turned it on.

What would be the next step to check?

I guess that's all the questions I have for now, though I'm sure I'll have more. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
If I’m not mistaken, all boats came with the seat heater switch whether it had it or not. At least our 2010 did.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
If Iím not mistaken, all boats came with the seat heater switch whether it had it or not. At least our 2010 did.
Quickest way to verify?

Is it an option that I could add?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X Star
To use the engine flush just hook up the hose connection and turn it on, then shut off the valve at the water intake hose. Dont forget to open the valve after your done flushing
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
For the seat heat, check to see if there is wiring running to the seat. If it has seat heat, you should see wiring inside of a black flex conduit with a small plug right around the base of the seat cushion.
I think you have to have the boat running or at the very least the key clicked to start, in order for the seat heat to come on. Basically they are just a pad that is under the seat fabric, just like a car.
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X Star
Your not going to be able to blow air through the system like that. You'll need to properly winterize it.
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastar View Post
Your not going to be able to blow air through the system like that. You'll need to properly winterize it.
No disrespect, but why not? I'm not saying it's the proper way to winterize, I'm just curious. Why would pressurized water work but not air?

From my understanding of how the perko flush pro's work, I don't understand why it would matter.

Since we're on the subject, what is the "proper way" to winterize?

Since we had no time, we are having the local marina winterize the raw water system before they wrap it.

Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
For the seat heat, check to see if there is wiring running to the seat. If it has seat heat, you should see wiring inside of a black flex conduit with a small plug right around the base of the seat cushion.
I think you have to have the boat running or at the very least the key clicked to start, in order for the seat heat to come on. Basically they are just a pad that is under the seat fabric, just like a car.
I will check it out next time we are in the boat.

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 XStar
Where are the pics of this beast?

Isn't that rule #1 here?
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
Where are the pics of this beast?

Isn't that rule #1 here?
Do I need to start a new thread or just start firing away?