Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 12-10-2011, 03:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
Looks like a awesome time.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 12-10-2011, 03:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: looking to buy
Congrats on a your get away. That is one reas
Old 12-10-2011, 03:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: looking to buy
Congrats on your getaway. That is one reason why I love living in the Orlando/ Central Florida. I am familiar with the area Drew's house is and it is a very nice area.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:16 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Sounds Awesome! Jealous!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-10-2011, 06:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhsprostar View Post
Here is the link for the rental....
www.vrbo.com/182514

Again the owner Drew is a member here and I am sure he will pipe in at some point to say hello!

The gator story is interesting. We have been skiing around Orlando for quite a few years and have seen a few gators here and there at various ski sites. Normally you really have to look hard to find them, they are quit timid and as they say..."are much more afraid of you than you are of them"
This year we actually did an airboat tour on lake Toho south of Orlando and saw some REAL gators. I will get some pics up soon. There we saw some that were 6-9 feet just sunning themselves and minding there own business. We than came across a 13 footer!.....now that thing was impressive...our guide Dave said it was close to 1000lbs and approx 50-60 years old.
Now one of the guys in our group has always said that he wanted to "slap a gator in the a$$!" every year we went down. Well he finally got his opportunity. The tail of the 13 footer was only a couple of feet from the side of the airboat. He just kept starring at it for about 10 minutes. Then we joked with the guide if it would be okay if he grabbed it............much to our surprise he said that it didn't bother him!.......well that was it, Rod waited about another 2 minutes than just reached out and grabbed the tail!!! Well I am not sure what everyone expected but the sleeping beast moved it's 1000lbs SO FAST that we all jumped about a foot in the air! It was UNBELIEVABLE!
He was gone. We have it on video, I will try to post it tonight.
Well after that, when we saw our little 5 foot gator on Lake Florence we weren't really that concerned. We kept trying to find him whenever we were out skiing.
Can't wait to see the video! A black guy I work with always tells me the same thing: "You white dudes are always doing stupid sh*t with wild animals....that's why you get eaten!"
Old 12-11-2011, 12:16 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X-1 2007 & 2009 197 2009 & 2006
From the Owner: Thanks guys for the notice of your post and the promotion. Like many of you from that first pull behind the boat I have never lost my love of the sport of water skiing. Growing up in the 70s the feeling of skiing 36 MPH on the course is something I have never forgotten and wanted to get better at even though Ive slowed it down a bit to 34 MPH. I never got to ski a lot of tournaments and for nearly twenty years had my ski pretty much locked in the closet pulling it out once a year maybe to see if I still had it. You know college, kids, the career and all of a sudden you are 40 and maybe you will never ski again like you did back in the day. Well at 40 it hit me my kids were 12, 11, and 9 and we had moved to that one place on the Outer Banks (OBX) of North Carolina that had the only flat water for 100+ miles. For our 15th wedding anniversary my wife suggested we trade our Hydra Sports fishing boat for a ski boat since I seemed so enamored with the boats and skiing. She just might regret that suggestion but she had seen me try to ski the course behind this behemoth of a boat. I should note the first boat we purchased had a tower and these three boys have turned into phenomenal wake boarders, but they know when it is time for my set they get behind the will and drive no it and or buts.
Since then I have pretty much done everything I ever wanted to do in the sport short of winning a national title, beating Andy Maple or reclaiming the throne for us old guys from Will Asher. My goal now is simple to ski as long as life will allow and to introduce as many people as possible to the joys of boating and water sports. My dream of owning a home in Florida was to provide a place to ski in the winter with my boys wakeboarding and to offer it to others to have the same opportunity. At this point we had been to all the venues to ski and wakeboard and it seemed you had to spend a lot to take the whole family, had to wait your turn, only got three sets, and never got to ride in the boat much less drive. Here you get to do it all as much or as little as you want when you want, you drive, get to ride and at the end of the day get to ride around the lake with your crew and watch the sunset. On top of that you get access to www.bellacollina.com. Great food both casual and fine dining, golf, spa, hot tub, sauna, pool table and more make this the complete offering. We are just luck we were able to join and make it available to our guest. The place is just over the top.
This is not all we do here on the OBX we operate www.obxwakeboardandwaterski.com in the summers teaching the tourist that come to our area the joys of family time on the water and to ski and wakeboard. It has been a great experience with my boys teaching them responsibility that comes with operating a boat with up to six persons on board. They had to get their USGC Captain license as we operate on an open body of water. They meet interesting people and learn communication and business skills. It has been so much fun.
Ops I have written way to much here I have other things to do. Make a pass at 39.5 beat Andy Maple in a head to head tournament and beat the sh!#t out of Will Asher at a tournament, but today I have to finish my Christmas duties and of course spend a few moments with my boats so Ill try to wrap it up.
Seriously come ski with us here or in Fl or NC and feel the fun on the water and the need for speed. The gators are very friendly. My boys have been wake boarding on this lake since 2003 and never been bitten. Oh and the others that ski on the lake Kris LaPoint, his wife Jenifer Leachman LaPoint, and her daughter Taylor and on occasion that pesky Will Asher. Does that tell you anything about what type of conditions we might offer?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:10 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X-1 2007 & 2009 197 2009 & 2006
How to book a trip www.vrbo.com/182514 call Drew 252-256-2018
Old 12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1995 Prostar 190
Nice post....sounds like your family has a lot of fun on the water.

Here is the correct link to the OBX location

http://obxwakeboardwaterski.com/
Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 04 TT 197 (SOLD)
Hey Drew thanks again we had an amazing trip.

Again, anyone who is thinking of a ski trip, this is a pretty rare setup. I am almost 100% sure you will not be able to find another setup as good as this. The price is crazy reasonable, givin all the ammenites that are included.(The MC 197 and X1 being my favs!)

Gator vid and more pics should be up tomorrow at some point........stayed tuned
Attached Images

04 197 TT LQ9 stargazer w/Z-Box
Tournament PB 1/4 buoy @ 35 off
Previous...
96 Prostar 205 Lt1
93 Prostar 205 HO
81 Leaves and stripes(Can. edition)
Old 12-11-2011, 11:02 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
Looks like fun, but you ain't going to find me sharing the water with a gator.

'91 prostar 190