Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
So funny. Since you know what mzimme and I have had to deal with from this guy. But go ahead. Assume. Because when you assume. You assume great risk
Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdhntr View Post
I want to ski with all three of you guys (Traxx, can't repeat, mzimme)! We could surf early, ski late and make all kinds of vaguely disparaging remarks about each other. It'd be awesome!!!!
If you ever get down this way look me up!! I'd drag you around the lake for sure.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:57 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
So funny. Since you know what mzimme and I have had to deal with from this guy. But go ahead. Assume. Because when you assume. You assume great risk
We're all trying to calm the banter. No ill intent, at all. I've seen the goings on, and I think it would be best if everyone lets it go, get a fresh start.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I'll accept that.

And you're right. I don't see anyone standing up to defend his point so I should let it go.

But its so hard
Old 06-19-2013, 11:15 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
Is it 630 yet? Gotta get another wakeboard set in before the weekend.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 PS 205, 351 HO 1:1
Let me lay down a totally unsolicited point of view on both the issue of sharing water and being civil to others on this site.

We all get miffed when we have to give up glass water that is "ours". We have all been there and had to deal with it. It sucks but it is part of skiing/boarding/surfing/fishing/tubing/whatever on a lake/river. A little courtesy goes a very long way.

As far as this site goes, I have used it as an excellent resource but find that a few here are less than civil. I recently tried to help a fellow poster with a few suggestions only to have someone sit behind a keyboard and tell me I was a crappy mechanic and insult me. And what for? To win a pissing contest. What a joke. And now I see that same person hurling attacks at others? Why, dude, why? Find something else to do.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal69 View Post
Let me lay down a totally unsolicited point of view on both the issue of sharing water and being civil to others on this site.

We all get miffed when we have to give up glass water that is "ours". We have all been there and had to deal with it. It sucks but it is part of skiing/boarding/surfing/fishing/tubing/whatever on a lake/river. A little courtesy goes a very long way.

As far as this site goes, I have used it as an excellent resource but find that a few here are less than civil. I recently tried to help a fellow poster with a few suggestions only to have someone sit behind a keyboard and tell me I was a crappy mechanic and insult me. And what for? To win a pissing contest. What a joke. And now I see that same person hurling attacks at others? Why, dude, why? Find something else to do.
If you are referring to the discussion about the correct way to adjust idle mixture screws then that is a blatant lie. I never called you a crappy anything.

In fact, it was you that called me out for telling someone they should use a vacuum gauge and giving them advise on the correct way to adjust mixture screws. You tried to ridicule me for given out sound mechanical advise. When I pointed out that most users here don't have the keen mechanical ear to wing mixture screws you got offended.

So why? Because I want to help people get their boats running the best they can.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 PS 205, 351 HO 1:1
So you deny calling me a shade tree mechanic and insulting me in that post? Says a lot about your character if that is the case.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
So you deny calling me a shade tree mechanic and insulting me in that post? Says a lot about your character if that is the case.
I didn't call you a crappy anything, did I? Shade tree mechanic, IE using other then book instructed techniques when there is a known procedure to fix or test something. Why should you feel insulted when it was you that questioned me on my correct advise to someone? If anyone should feel attacked or insulted it should be me. I on the other hand pointed out that you were wrong and now it's an issue, again.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:45 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Sporkcraft
Quote:
I don't wanna get hit with all the piss flying in the wind but; Go back and read your own post, "Ok, you win. Congrats. I'm a lifelong shade tree mechanic who has gotten by with blind adjustments and luck. Thanks for pointing that out, I needed the reminder." your words not cantrepeat's words...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=54704&page=2