Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 10-16-2018, 06:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
Couple dates that confuse people here.
2005-2007
DBW was available "Pre-Zero Off", the computer engine management was done via MEFI-5 ECU and this was available on MCX and RPT engines starting around 2005. For these boats in the 2005-2007 range these documents might help you out.
http://www.perfectpass.com/sites/all...ble_MC2005.pdf
http://www.perfectpass.com/sites/all...ble_MC2006.pdf

In this age range you have to double check that your engine has an electronic throttle before you buy a DBW - some engines still had physical cables. Others were DBW. Pays to check. There were a very few boats in 2007 mostly Prostars with a "dual compatible" lay out these were MEFI-5 that had been flashed to work for PP and ZO. But shouldn't be existing on other boats.

2008 - Indmar switches from MEFI-5 to E-Controls Technologies (Owner of Zero Off) ECM = NO MORE PERFECT PASS ON YOUR BOAT
Thanks for helping clear that up!!! I think mine might not be DBW but I am having the place I am storing it at (dealer) check.

If it not DBW, how hard is it to install? Like I said, I know the black box under the dash has a port labeled “Perfect Pass” so I am guessing the wiring gets plugged in there but I have not idea where the GPS puck goes or how the signal gets run (I assume a wire and motor) to the engine from the Perfect Pass system. Thanks again to everyone for all the help!!!
Old 10-17-2018, 10:35 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
The systems are basically the same with the exception of the servo motor.

For DBW and Cable boats you have;
Gauge
Master Module
For Stargazer you have GPS Puck

With both systems you have to open the dash and install the gauge, a wire loom goes from that to the black "master module" which you screw into the bulkhead of the boat. Another wire loom goes up and has sticky tape to stick it to the dash.

From there you have two options, there will either be a plug to connect to a factory wiring harness for the DBW application OR you'll have to fish another wiring harness back to the engine and install the servo.

The fact that there is a black box under the dash that says perfect pass makes me wonder if your boat might already have had a PP installed at some time and either partially removed or possibly MC cruise.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-15
Perfect Pass Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
The systems are basically the same with the exception of the servo motor.

For DBW and Cable boats you have;
Gauge
Master Module
For Stargazer you have GPS Puck

With both systems you have to open the dash and install the gauge, a wire loom goes from that to the black "master module" which you screw into the bulkhead of the boat. Another wire loom goes up and has sticky tape to stick it to the dash.

From there you have two options, there will either be a plug to connect to a factory wiring harness for the DBW application OR you'll have to fish another wiring harness back to the engine and install the servo.

The fact that there is a black box under the dash that says perfect pass makes me wonder if your boat might already have had a PP installed at some time and either partially removed or possibly MC cruise.

Thanks for that explanation....I know I definitely have MC cruise for sure but am unsure if it has a PP before I bought it.

Just to clarify though, the black box does not say Perfect Pass ON it so much as there is a plug-in port labeled PP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk