Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2018, 04:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 09 X2
Attitude Plate

Will a attitude plate help to get on plane and maintain plane at a slower speed? When we are just out for a leisure ride I have to maintain about 20mph just to stay on plane, this is really faster than I care to be running however if I run any slower (not on plane) I am rolling what looks to be a massive wake behind me.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:39 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2010 x2, 5.7L
An attitude plate will help to get to plane quickly, will help to allow you to trim the nose down to improve the ride in rough water, will eliminate porpoising and allows the nose to be brought down when doing slower speeds. I however don’t think it actually allows my X2 to plane when doing slower speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2018, 04:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
An attitude plate helps to extend the running surface or add "hook" to the running surface to help lift the rear of the boat. So to a degree yes it will help get you on plane on quicker, help create less wake at speed and you may be able to stay on plane at a lower speed. However to what degree would be debatable. There are physics involved here and there's only so much you're going to be able to do with a boat that's designed to create a wake to try and make a kayak out of it.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1958 DIY wood ski boat, 2008 X2
Related question that I'd like to toss in here. If there's one thing I really would like to improve on my X2 is the rough water ride.. As the lake I'm on turns to garbage on the weekends and frankly any cruise turns into an all out beating. Will the wake/attitude plate that my boat didn't come with improve that rough water ride enough to warrant the cost of adding it?
Old 09-21-2018, 05:59 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2010 x2, 5.7L
Yes an attitude plate will greatly improve your ride and handling in rough water. You can bring the bow down to “cut” through the waves. I won’t own another boat with a trim tab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2018, 11:35 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MC XT23 2018 5500 GDI
I dont want to contradict any one on here. I sold my X2 that didnt have an attitude plate and now have an XT23 with Gen 2. I found the center tab/ attitude plate made the biggest difference for getting up on plane quicker and smoothing out the wake for skiing. As for the type of rough water you're describing, you are still going to feel it, but as Kcrich says you will bring the bow down at a slower speed which will benefit in cutting through some rough water. Keep in mind the X2 is a 3500 lb boat compared to 21-23 ft boats that are closer to 5000 lbs which makes for a softer ride.
4th boat in 2018 - XT23