Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2018, 01:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 X10
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
I love this feature! Congrats! I can see a new power tower that automatically rolls out the racks when it comes up, and rolls in the racks when it lowers (i.e. auto-garage feature). This could also make a lot of sense when docking, because I literally swing my racks in/out 10x per day coming up to other boats, docks, gas pumps, etc. I hope you make bank!
Old 08-30-2018, 02:13 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
very cool. trying to get a surf show expo pass. if you want a pull though while you are in orlando hit me up!
Old 08-30-2018, 02:16 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I don't see the market being that large for this, kinda similar to the power tower option. Now when you start talking about adjustable mounting heights, automatic protection to not allow the boards in a damage position when you are pulling into boat dock or lowering tower, that's where I see a lot of sales potential.

Do you have anything in the works to integrate the wiring into the tower? I think that would finish the look a lot more.

Best of luck to you. Hope you sell so many that it allows you to upgrade your boat to a brand new MC... (with your racks installed on your new boat as a factory option).
Eventually, yes, the wiring will be run through the tower. We ran it outside since these are really the first test versions and didn't want to start cutting into the guys tower until we know it's finalized. There will be a wiring harness that runs to the helm and has a selector/controller. There's also the possibility of integrating into the screens if things become an OEM option. Currently, on the X26 pictured above, they run off a key fob remote.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
I love this feature! Congrats! I can see a new power tower that automatically rolls out the racks when it comes up, and rolls in the racks when it lowers (i.e. auto-garage feature). This could also make a lot of sense when docking, because I literally swing my racks in/out 10x per day coming up to other boats, docks, gas pumps, etc. I hope you make bank!
This is exactly what I was thinking too. Closing it up at the dock to cover, press a button and donít worry about the racks.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 08-30-2018, 02:20 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking too. Closing it up at the dock to cover, press a button and donít worry about the racks.
It's just a relay at that point. Racks first, tower second when going down. Tower first, racks second going up.

How about backing into your garage, or driving down the highway and noticing the racks are out? Just push the button on your key fob rolling down the highway or backing into your driveway, and racks are now stowed. Didn't even have to get out of the truck.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
It's just a relay at that point. Racks first, tower second when going down. Tower first, racks second going up.

How about backing into your garage, or driving down the highway and noticing the racks are out? Just push the button on your key fob rolling down the highway or backing into your driveway, and racks are now stowed. Didn't even have to get out of the truck.
So baller. I watched the owner of TXMC get out of his truck at the ramp and put the tower up on a new star. Definitely a baller status thing. There are so many times I can think where I have to get out of the drivers seat to swing in the racks.. gas dock, docking, tie ups, etc

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 08-30-2018, 02:23 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
very cool. trying to get a surf show expo pass. if you want a pull though while you are in orlando hit me up!
Hope to see you there. Look for this logo if you come by:
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2018, 04:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Very cool. Love to see this all coming together for you. Being able to break away from the 9-5 is a great deal. And doing it in the marine market is even better.

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $325 DELIVERED
REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $495 DELIVERED
Email - [email protected]
Old 08-30-2018, 06:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft X-Star 50th Anniversary
Love this idea! I love the power tower on my boat. If u need a 50th for photo shoot let me know!
Old 08-30-2018, 10:38 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee50thAnniversary View Post
Love this idea! I love the power tower on my boat. If u need a 50th for photo shoot let me know!
Where are you located?