Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2009, 09:10 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 X-2
$30k for 2003 X-7 in Seattle - good deal?

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for all the good info thus far...

Currently have a '94 PS190 used for early morning flat-water free skiing and some hi-pole wakeboarding on Lk Sammamish here in Washington. I'm getting older (41) and am not as hard-core about skiing as I once was. I've been thinking about getting a new "last boat" for a while, and have struggled with a nice big v-drive party boat vs a boat I can still ski behind.

Last year we solved the party-boat problem by buying a used 24' pontoon boat (talk about a party barge!), so I no longer have to optimize the ski/board boat for that purpose. So, I can stick with a direct-drive and still get decent ski wakes while playing a bit more with the wakeboard when the back is acting up.

So, that's the long way around to "what new boat." Well, I want to do this on the semi-cheap (that whole not working thing), so the X-14 which might be ideal is likely out as there aren't enough in the market for the prices to be low enough for me to want to make the trade.

Given that I don't need to haul a ton of people anyway, an X-7 seems to be the way to go in the price/performance/availability metric. (Please, jump in if I'm wrong).

There is an '03 X-7 for $30k on Craigslist (http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1136810684.html) that seemed to pique my interest. I figure in this market I can move my PS190 for around $10k fairly readily, so I'm looking at somewhere around a $20k upgrade (hopefully $3-$5k less).

That is then the longer-way around the question - how reasonable is that deal?

Thanks in advance for reading this much and your advice…
Old 04-25-2009, 09:20 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 PS197
Seems like an OK deal. Check www.onlyinboards.com for comparables. Also on www.ski-it-again.com you can sometimes find 197's with tower and ballast. It does look very clean.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
It does have the base model 310hp engine. If possible, the 350hp might be nice. I don't know first hand as I also have a 94' era boat. 205 with the LT1.

1994 205, LT1

Tags
x-14, x-7